PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

So, for next 72 hours, PSP MasterComp is on sale for US$49. I've never actually demo'd it due to it's normal price, and I think there might be others who have done the same, so I figure this thread could be useful for some.

I've not seen it discussed many times before, so would really appreciate some user feedback: What's it's strengths / weakness (if any) and would it be useful (in more than just "another flavor comp")considering I have a whole bunch of other comps including all from IL (including Maximus), T-Racks Deluxe, comps included in Sonar X1 Prod, Neodynium (old RnD), WA Trackplug 5 (which I realize is more channel strip than anything else) and a few others (including free and paid)...

Cheers,
George

PS: I'll try and demo, but I might not get time before the sale is over.
Eternitysound VST Banks

what i know it's very transparent, fantastic sounding & very easy on cpu, for that price it's a must have!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Latency is the biggest drawback, in my opinion. You also get microcomp, which is only available with mastercomp.

If you own other PSP products you also get another general discount off the MasterComp $49 sale price. A definite no brainer.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Just got the email about this. Tempting for master buss but dont really master my own stuff so not sure it will be worthwhile. Normally put the Nomad factory british bundle comp on master so think I got that area covered.

Could end up getting this on a wim for an easter treat ;D

Quite interested in this offer. I already own :-

PSP OldTimer ME
IK - Opto, Vintage 670, Classic
Stillwell - Bombardier, The Rocket
112 dB - BB Compressor
VOS - Density mkIII, Thrillseeker LA
Vladg - Molot, Limiter 6

+ compressors in PSP Vintage Warmer II, Izotope Ozone III, Izotope Alloy, Izotope Nectar and Voxengo's Voxformer. I'm also hoping to have IK's T-RackS CS Grand in the near future.

I'll try and download the demo but not sure I'm going to get to the studio before the offer ends.
If I don't get the chance to try the demo, would PSP's Mastercomp be worth adding to my collection?
If yes, what would it give me that my other compressors won't?

Thanks

Also, Uncle has it (them) at a discount. Maybe others do, too. If you have other PSP, you might what to weigh buying direct or not. Here are the latency figures. I think they're fixed. The plug-ins also show you the delay based on sample rate: master - 1660 samples / micro - 977 samples. Master has "Fat," which I think is over-sampling. Filters, ext. side chain, variable linking w/filters, parallel, tilt (lean), hard/soft knee, peak/RMS detection, auto attack/release, etc. are great features.

@ uncle price is unbeatable $41.65
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:@ uncle price is unbeatable $41.65
Pray forgive my ignorance: what/who is 'Uncle'? URL/link, please?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
http://www.jrrshop.com/ :wink:
Last edited by murnau on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I guess they mean:
http://www.jrrshop.com

Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
www.jrrshop.com/

Uncle E here at KVR, hence the referral to uncle...

EDIT: and quit popular by the looks of it ;)

Sorry, it's Uncle E's "JRR Shop." I don't like to promote one dealer over another, etc., especially outside the Market Place.

Edit: I see others posted that while I was posting.
Last edited by antithesist on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Price is $49 same as PSP!?

theres an automatic 15% discount like usual @ jrrshop. ;-)

Return to “Effects”