Cycle: spectral granular synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cycle

Last edited by DavenH on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Interesting. Granular without samples?

Just a heads up but your logo and name are very close to FAW Circle

http://www.futureaudioworkshop.com/circle/

Sounds really awesome to me, especially the distorted sounds! I'm interested in how it LOOKS, too. :)

Sounds great, looking forward to more!
I'm a huge fan of granular synthesis.

aMUSEd wrote:Interesting. Granular without samples?

Just a heads up but your logo and name are very close to FAW Circle

http://www.futureaudioworkshop.com/circle/

It's granular because processing happens cycle by cycle (hence the name) and are composited like grains.

And thanks for the heads up. I think the logo is distinct enough aside from the filled circle... maybe a colour change would be enough to avoid all confusion.

I see soundcloud transcoded it down to 128kbps and added more compression... not cool, I'll get it uploaded elsewhere.

Sounds great, when do we get to see it as well? :)

aMUSEd wrote: Just a heads up but your logo and name are very close to FAW Circle
What logo?

Sounds good, and sounds like an interesting approach to synthesis. Looking forward to it!

Examigan wrote:Sounds great, when do we get to see it as well? :)
Sweet :) I wanted people to have a listen without being distracted. But tomorrow I'll show something.

Examigan wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Just a heads up but your logo and name are very close to FAW Circle
What logo?

It's just the app icon not the real logo (below), but it's what I put on the soundcloud page.

Sounds good!

DavenH wrote:

Great font and design!

DavenH wrote:I see soundcloud transcoded it down to 128kbps and added more compression... not cool, I'll get it uploaded elsewhere.
it's only the stream that they transcode, if you set the uploaded track to allow downloads it {the downloaded file} will be bit-for-bit identical to what you uploaded.

so, if hi fidelity is a concern you can still use soundcloud. just consider the 'stream' a preview and encourage your listeners to download the file.

Could be interesting, could be a mess. Need more info.

But my curiosity has been piqued! 8)
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue May 07, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavenH wrote:
Examigan wrote:Sounds great, when do we get to see it as well? :)
Sweet :) I wanted people to have a listen without being distracted. But tomorrow I'll show something.
Bring it on! :D

EDIT: I was sleeping, you updated the OP :hihi:

DavenH wrote:Cycle...

Oh wow! Want it now :)

Return to “Instruments”