FREE - Les Paul Custom SG Samples + VST...!!!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i sampled this a while back and forgot about it...so here are the samples, FREE...!!!

clean samples, no desk or fx etc used...

i did make an SFZ file, not sure if it worked, it was a while back. Open strings, every note, FX.

https://www.box.com/s/y13dmtuuxqd6qivt8754
Last edited by Kriminal on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bump

If it's of any help or interest to you or any potential downloaders/users, I could make a VST/AU Instrument of it, possibly Kontakt 4 also?

Maybe more interesting to some than plain WAVs or SFZ?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Its there to do whatever you like. Ive got the guitar, so im good :wink:

(It must be free tho...)

Kriminal wrote:Its there to do whatever you like. Ive got the guitar, so im good :wink:

(It must be free tho...)
Cool I was just going to ask if I could re-upload a variation of the samples in sfz?

Kriminal wrote:do whatever you like
Am already, cheers!
Kriminal wrote:It must be free tho
Even if I offer you a split? :D
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Kriminal wrote:i sampled this a while back and forgot about it...so here are the samples, FREE...!!!
Thank you! Very generous!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

So, whaddaya say? :)

(edited this to avoid spammy feelings, wanted to put the picture in my next post.)

(If having your name and whereabouts on the plugin makes you feel uncomfortable, then just tell me and I'll remove them again.)

Currently uploading, please be patient.
VERY patient... :roll:

Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by chokehold on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Krim! Fantastic sounds!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

chokehold wrote:So, whaddaya say? :)

(If having your name and whereabouts on the plugin makes you feel uncomfortable, then just tell me and I'll remove them again.)

Currently uploading, please be patient.
VERY patient... :roll:

Cheers,
Rob
Is that for Kontakt?

And here it is:
http://free.chokehold.net/kriminal-lp-sgc/

Download appropriate version, unzip, copy contents to plugin folder, done.

A lot of blabla down there, I know, sorry.
But it'll help you understand how the plugin works so you can maybe use it for more than just a twangity toy!

http://soundcloud.com/chokehold/krimina ... -sg-custom

UPDATE #2 2013-06-06:
* The F#2 sample was re-tuned wrongly to G2, fixed that.

UPDATE #1 2013-06-06:
* I have pitch-corrected ALL the samples (automated, chromatically). All should be in tune now.
* The GUI now shows how the strings (=release groups) are divided.

-------------------------------------

The original samples started at E2, I have extended them downwards to B1 to give users the possibility of playing in Drop-D and 7-string tunings.
--> Note that everything beneath E2 is pitched and resampled, sounds fine to me but a difference in timbre and harmonic content might be audible.

There are 2 styles and 3 playing modes.

The three playing modes should be easy to understand: Poly (multiple notes at once possible -> chords), Mono (only one note at the same time) and Legato (smoother transitions between two notes).

Style 1 = Short notes: the notes sound as long as the key is pressed (or note is painted in a piano roll) and silences once the played key is no longer pressed. Probably most fun with Mono or Legato playing modes, good for melodies, runs, etc.

Style 2 = Sustained notes: the notes sound as long the samples run and ring out. Even a short key-press will trigger the complete sample, and releasing the key won't stop it. Should create some nice slow strumming in Multi playing mode, ideal for pad sounds.

To avoid lots and lots of noise by too many sounds playing simultaneously when in Style 2, I have implemented two "tricks" - Release groups and low velocity muting.

What "Release groups" means is, that no two notes on the same string can sound at the same time, but several notes over multiple strings can.

For example, if you play an E2 first, which is on the low E-string, and then play F2 directly after that - the F2 will mute the E2, just like on a real guitar, and you will only hear the F2 continue to ring out.
But if you play said E2 firs (low E/string 1) and then B2 (fret #2 on A/string 2), both will sound at the same time, just like when playing a chord on a real guitar.

The notes are divided into strings according to standard tuning intervals.
String 1: B1 through G#2
String 2: A2 through C#3
String 3: D3 through F#3
String 4: G3 through A#3
String 5: B3 through D#4
String 6: E4 through B5

This allows for good enough control that you can (if your hands spread wide enough) play a basic chord, and then add some variations or small melodies to one or two strings while the rest blissfully hold their tone.

"Velocity Muting" is just a fancy term for the following: if the MIDI velocity of the played note is 21 or above (just like with drinks) then there will be noise. If the MIDI velocity of the played note is 20 or below, THE ENTIRE STRING GROUP will be muted, not just the one note.

Say you play an A3 which is on String 4 with a velocity of 100 and you hear the sample playing. The "string" can now be muted by playing ANY other note ON THAT STRING with a velocity of 20 or less. Playing the G3 with a velocity of 18 would do the trick. Playing F3 with a velocity of 18 would only mute String 3, but let the A3 ring on.

If you're a fast and controlled player, you might be able to key-switch between Styles 1+2 in Multi playing mode and get some useful strumming-like results out of that.

While I'm on about key switching:
Style 1 / short notes: C1
Style 2 / sustained notes: C#1

The little red box above the small GUI keyboard is labeled "KS" for "key switches" to remind you, should you forget.

Besides "normal" open notes, there are some Guitar FX.

D#1 and E1 are muted plucks.
F#1 through A1 are slides and scrapes.

The muted plucks are marked as "MU" in the little green box above the GUI keyboard, and the slides/scrapes are marked as "SLIDES" in the yellow one.

What the knobs do:

"Volume" and "Reverb" are pretty revealing labels, so I'll skip them here.

Beneath the volume knob and aside the play mode box is the "Glide" knob. Use it to control the amount of time a glide from one note to another takes when in Mono or Legato playing mode. Note that this is a pretty aggressive change, so you probably won't want that knob turned up too far.

The "Vibrato" knob dials in some vibrato - NOT tremolo. Vibrato is a pitch-change, so it's like bending the string up and down while playing. This is a pretty permanent setting, so you'll probably want to leave it turned down and control the vibrato with your controller's Mod Wheel.
Set the vibrato amount with the big "Vibrato" knob, and the vibrato speed with the small one beside it.

I wanted to put a tremolo effect in there instead of the vibrato, but turns out that wasn't possible (in an effective way) with the sampler I used, so I'll have to write to the dev first before that maybe happens.

The "STOP SOUND" button can be useful, should you find yourself drowning in a blast of much too loud and way too many ringing-out notes etc. Just push it and there will be silence. (NOT a bypass.)

I created those Epiphone-style knobs myself, started from scratch it took me many dark hours to get them right. Or, well, as right as they currently are. So yeah, I am a little proud of myself right there.

If anyone's interested or actually likes them, tell me and I'll think about uploading them somewhere.

Now go make some noise with this thing! Already threw Kuassa Creme at it and it was screaming as cheerful and amused as a bobcat in a chicken coop.

Even though I prefer playing real guitars, this might find its way into some non-metal production. So huge thanks to Kriminal from me! :)

Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by chokehold on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Kriminal wrote:Is that for Kontakt?
Nope, it's a VSTi/AUi sampler.
You can load it as a plugin instrument in any VST/AU compatible host.
Mac, Win, 32/64 bits. :)

chokehold wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Is that for Kontakt?
Nope, it's a VSTi/AUi sampler.
You can load it as a plugin instrument in any VST/AU compatible host.
Mac, Win, 32/64 bits. :)
Really? wow...good work, thanks 8)

chokehold wrote:And here it is:

Some notes are "a little off", seems someone didn't tune their guitar too well. ;)
i tuned it a bit... :hihi:

this sounds like it took a big effort to make, if i had know you were doing this, i would have let you charge....maybe put a donation button on your page for your trouble (i dont want anything)

:tu:

Dave

Cool! Thanks Krim and Chokehold :hail:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”