shady abstract experimental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

file or cloud

This is a mash-up of synth experiments, field recording, electroacoustic and kontakt misuse. Finally I managed to choke-up my i7. The fun part was a stack of three synthesizers having their output volume chopped by curve shaped LFO, so bits of their sounds blend with each other in evolving pulse.

Nice work. It's like a combination of the soundtrack from Forbidden Planet and early Cabaret Voltaire. It could be a few minutes longer. :tu:

alien work ;-)

very confusing?
:D

This track is very rare, I like because sounds like a stack of machines running in parallel.
And the atmosphere with owls give it a more dark and rare taste.

Good work!

Cheers!

Very atmospheric ... would make a good sci-fi movie soundtrack. :)

Thanks you. The owls background is field recording taken in my garden, I left Zoom recorder out at 4 AM when birdies chat, the recording is played at 1/8 speed, which turns little birdies into spooky evil owls.

I really like this. Dunno if you mixed this or if it just came out this way, but there's a lot of really nice subtle stuff going on with panning and dynamics (builds, etc). A lot of the sounds take up pretty unique niches in the frequency spectrum to create a nice mix. Dug it.

Thanks. I want to believe I was subtle by design, but I wouldn't bet my breakfast on it.

Maybe they were particularly devious owls. While you weren't looking they used the onboard Zoom editor to make you believe that they were little birdies.

I definitely hear some '60s or '70s SciFi soundtrack material here. Nice mix with a good sense of motion.

Them Crooked Owls.

Good work :)

Now you mentioned it... I realized, I haven't really seen them birdies... :-o

Barring a couple very high bits that hit sore spots in my damaged ear, I enjoyed this. Good sounds, good mix. Thanks, Zombie Queen.
No longer a moderator.

Very cool! Sounds like, vintage alien insects. :tu:

Yes, nice abstract atmos going on here, tasty stuff, and quite enjoyable! 8)
Image Image

I felt all the rhythmic sounds spoil the mode that sits behind it, which I felt had a strong moody /atmospheric character.
Finally I managed to choke-up my i7.
i7 processors are at least dual core and powerful, no? (I still work on a 2.8mhz hyperthread P4) Doesn't seem that what you created would be enough to begin to max out an i7. Correct me if i'm mistaken.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

i7 is at least quad-core

I'm sorry I caused ear torment, mr Miltz, it wasn't deliberate.

i7 is quad core, yes, very efficient. Sometimes even most unimpressive sound can be achieved by implementing complicated computing, is it worth using then? Probably not, but somehow I tend to favor imperfect solutions. It was small talk, irrelevant remark anyway, I don't believe processing power translates in any way to sonic quality. Actually, I don't believe there is such thing as sonic quality.

Return to “Music Cafe”