What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Roadmap Changes :-)

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

Urs
u-he

16444 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:22 am

Yes, yes, yes... our estimates were wrong (but closer than normal!)

We decided to push AAX support onto the top priority spot while Sascha works on some additional features for Satin. Satin was nearly finished when the public buzz brought up some good points that needed to be thought about.

This moves the roadmap as follows:

AAX support on Mac almost finished, goes beta in June, AAX Windows maybe end of June. We hope for a short beta phase and quick releases (all plugins)

Satin beta in June (while Sascha is on vacation), estimated release mid of July (after AAX is set in stone). We can't release Satin before Sascha's holidays, and he's got the second half of June off.

Diva 1.3 may come late June, early July. It's a good time for Clemens and me to concentrate on Diva while Sascha is gone.

Bazille has a worse standing because it's an "Urs-project" and I always need to support Sascha and Clemens in their projects, it may come in late July or August even.

- Urs
KVRAF

4082 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 am

thanks for the update.
rsp
KVRist

418 posts since 17 Jun, 2003, from UK 'ish

Postby Dunc; Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 am

Just to be clear (the mud round my way is particularly opaque :hihi: ), are you saying the Beta of Satin will be available at some point towards the end of June whilst Sascha is on vacation and the "release" is the proper release and is to happen after Sascha is back from vacation.

Sorry, it just seems a bit weird that you have a Beta out whilst the main Dev is on holiday. Maybe Sascha is so confident that there will be no bugs to speak of during the Beta
8)
KVRAF

1692 posts since 9 Jul, 2006, from Paris, France

Postby K-Slash; Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:32 am

Dunc wrote:Sorry, it just seems a bit weird that you have a Beta out whilst the main Dev is on holiday. Maybe Sascha is so confident that there will be no bugs to speak of during the Beta
8)

Well, to me it makes perfect sense.

He releases the beta, goes get some rest. And while he's back, he fixes all the bugs and release it.
KVRist

32 posts since 30 Nov, 2008

Postby greententacle; Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:52 am

Bazille has a worse standing because it's an "Urs-project" and I always need to support Sascha and Clemens in their projects, it may come in late July or August even.

- Urs[/quote]'

gimme the beta and everything is fine..... :D
KVRian

582 posts since 2 May, 2005

Postby Gosh; Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 am

too bad that it's the the "urs-project" that is by far the most interesting new product to me...
oh, well...
KVRer

7 posts since 6 Aug, 2012, from United States

Postby Lujxio; Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 am

Man Bazille is what I'm most waiting for. Guess I have to wait some more..........I think I can
KVRian

643 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Postby dayjob; Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:59 am

thanks for the updates Urs.. it's nice to know...

AAX is some necessary evil. so many formats!

i'm excited for satin and bazille.

happy coding to the Uhe crew.
KVRer

27 posts since 9 Sep, 2011

Postby QLNE; Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:46 pm

How about Y'all just take your time and get them out when they are ready. U-he products are worth my time waiting for.
AF
KVRist

471 posts since 22 Jan, 2011, from near Los Angeles

Postby aaron aardvark; Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Urs or others,
Any new estimate on Zebra 3?
KVRAF

3616 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:39 pm

So...what kinds of changes to Satin?
KVRian

813 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from Berlin, Germany

Postby sascha; Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:So...what kinds of changes to Satin?

Nothing spectacular. The version we had at Frankfurt Messe just wasn't ready yet. It matured in the meantime (got variable crosstalk, works properly at 96k and 192k sample rates), but apart from fixing a couple of issues, we'll still have some stuff to finalize (the analyzer in the 'service' panel, parameter smoothing, latency compensation etc.). And we'll have to implement delay-time sync, as often requested.

While typing this, I have the manual draft open, which is going to be very comprehensive and will explain the concepts of magnetic recording quite profoundly, which I think is essential in order to understand the controls in the 'service' panel and use the 'taping' process to its best.
Sascha Eversmeier
u-he | digitalfishphones | samplitude (past)
MtL
KVRist

41 posts since 22 Dec, 2010

Postby MtL; Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:33 am

aaron aardvark wrote:Urs or others,
Any new estimate on Zebra 3?

Why even ask?

I, too, am excited for a new Zebby. But we know that it won't happen until after AAX, Satin, Diva update, Bazille. So any kind of ETA will be subject to delay, and will leave people "disappointed" as some are now for not getting to try Satin in May.

Enjoy the suspense.

Don't expect a due date for a project that is not even at the top of their list.

(In my humble opinion, of course.)
KVRAF

4082 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 am

sascha wrote:...............And we'll have to implement delay-time sync, as often requested.

:-)
very happy now :-)
thanks
rsp
KVRer

20 posts since 25 Apr, 2013

Postby Garycactus; Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:07 am

sascha wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:So...what kinds of changes to Satin?

Nothing spectacular. The version we had at Frankfurt Messe just wasn't ready yet. It matured in the meantime (got variable crosstalk, works properly at 96k and 192k sample rates), but apart from fixing a couple of issues, we'll still have some stuff to finalize (the analyzer in the 'service' panel, parameter smoothing, latency compensation etc.). And we'll have to implement delay-time sync, as often requested.

While typing this, I have the manual draft open, which is going to be very comprehensive and will explain the concepts of magnetic recording quite profoundly, which I think is essential in order to understand the controls in the 'service' panel and use the 'taping' process to its best.

It would be nice to see a moving tape like in Slate Tape Machine.
I think it makes a big difference.
Next

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he