Analog Lab bugs summary

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's put the various Analog Lab bug reports together so that Arturia can fix them asap.

Numerous crashes - the biggest culprit appears to be the Jupiter patches, moving between these often results in silent notes and/or crashes in all hosts and standalone.

Patches are not normalised - some are far too loud and many are clipping. Doesn't help that the default master volume is always set to max.

In NI Kore 2 32 bit I can't select anything on the gui, it's like its frozen. Only works in Kore 64 bit for some reason.

When I open the Modular V gui from A Lab it appears behind Analog Lab window and can't be brought to the front without closing the A lab window

Modular V knobs are stuck in circular mode in A Lab even though they are set to linear everywhere else and I have A Lab set to linear (btw please make linear default - no one uses circular)

A lot of A Lab Modular V presets open a different preset in the Modular V full edit window

Analog Lab is not recognising the SEM and says I must update to 1.1.7 but I have just updated to 1.1.7 and it still won't allow me to open it.

GUI bug http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=384404

Pops and clicks http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=382916

Why are there no Prophet VS hybrid sounds?

Why no way to import banks from your own plugins?

Seeing reports in threads that some people can't even get it started. Please feel free to add your own reports to this thread so Arturia have a summary they can work through.

I already reported some problems to Arturia last week. They are expecting to release a newer version this week.

As I remember, my report went something like ...

(a) Presets unusually slow to load.

(b) Updates to three of my other Arturia Products are being suggested on one of the Analog Lab Pages. Versions that don't actually exist on the Arturia Website.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Haven't installed this yet, but if we're posting bugs, we need to also post system specs and host(s).

Seems to me most of these reports are across both platforms and in a variety of hosts - it's Analog Lab that's the problem here, not some specific setups.

Any update from Arturia about these?

aMUSEd wrote:Any update from Arturia about these?
(i) Haven't heard anything via email.

(ii) Can see nothing new on the Analog Lab part of their forum.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... oard=104.0

(iii) Download version at Arturia has not been updated.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... urces.html

I know - it would be nice to get some acknowledgement of the bugs though and that they are fixing them. All in all it shouldn't have been released in this buggy state, on some systems it's unusable and on most very unstable and the integration with their other products is not as good as the impression given on their site.

the gui size dont change. doesn't matter what i choose. also the columns always go back to standard doesnt matter what i add/remove before.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Looks like Arturia support is not interested in supporting their software; just driving by every now and then to promote their products.

aMUSEd wrote:Looks like Arturia support is not interested in supporting their software; just driving by every now and then to promote their products.
Don't speak too soon, Analog Lab 1.0.4 is up:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... urces.html

OK that is progress, but it would be good all the same if they could actually communicate with their customers over this.

Issues with the SEM and Modular V still not fixed.

Many presets still clipping.

Possibly a bit more stable with the Jupiter? - at least no crashes so far flicking through presets.

and what is fixed in 1.0.4?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

You may want to look at what other products have been updated. These probably affect the operation of Analog Lab if they're out of date on your system.

Clicking on the PREF button (of Analog Lab) I see that I need to update the following:

Jupiter-8V 2.5.4 Latest
Oberheim SEM V 1.1.7 (Latest)
Wurltizer V 1.0.6 (Latest)

The good news is that these updates now exist on Arturia's Update Page (see my previous post here if you're interested). :)

Return to “Arturia”