Old and New

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quite a long time ago 'offthewall' and I produced a collaboration version of my earlier In Search of the Lost Tribes but I don't think I ever posted it here. This is now put right with a remix. My associate is doing all the real work with the guitar and whistle. So, now we have:
The Search For The Lost Tribes
as an ogg or mp3

More recently we've been working on another composition. Just guitar and synths this time, inspired by the idea of international co-operation:
Hands Across The Ocean
also ogg or mp3
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I really enjoyed "The Search For The Lost Tribes". Nicely recorded and the instruments and melodies reminded me of some of Oldfield's mid '70s work. Very pleasant indeed.

Good work :)

Thanks for reviving these, Will.
And thanks for the kind comment seismic

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

As im Irish , I get "search for the lost tribes" straightaway. Could easily have been part of the soundtrack to that movie "local hero" that mark knopfler scored. Really nice track with some great wee key changes , and the whistle is just great. The Celt in me loved it ! Maybe you should check out an album called "book of kells" by Iona , cos im sure you would love it after hearing this =)

:hihi: :hihi:
Local Hero is my locale.
Played the same clubs as MK back in the day so the influences are all shared.
Thanks for the kind comments.
Glad it 'hit the nerve'.

James.

Some very interesting parallels here. Right from the very first melody ideas I always envisioned that the tribes were Celtic, and listening now I can almost see our small band of heroes scouring the lands searching for the vanished people. I never specifically set out to write a film theme but it does seem fit that idea.

This is the bit of text I wrote to encapsulate the original idea.

"The travelers return to find their homes empty, with not a sign of their families and friends visible in the ruins of their village, nor the neighbouring villages. Indeed, even the great city is deserted and starting to decay, but there they find a clue.

A city scribe has left a tantalising scrap of paper that notes all must leave. There are details how, but no explanation of why, nor where the tribes will go.

The travelers rest for a few days while they consider their options, then with heavy hearts begin their search, having no idea of when or whether they will be reunited with their loved ones.
"
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Lovely piece that search for the lost tribes... I agree with Tim this has a definite Oldfield flavour. Well done guys!
Image Image

Thanks for listening.
Appreciate your kind comments.

James

Had a listen Search For The Lost Tribes

Hauntingly beautiful music, Good guitar and whistle playing/recording. While the guitar picking sits in nicely with the track, the strumming seems separate from the rest of the music (maybe try to blend it in with reverb?).

Overall, well done. The market for this music is small but I don't get the sense that that bothers you. You record this because you love it.

Paul

... and thanks again from me (I'm afraid I'm a bit slow responding these days). Interesting point about the strumming. It rather changes the nature of the last part, adds a sort of 'urgency', so I'm not convinced that blending it in would be a good thing. However, when I have time I'll see what it would sound like.

P.S.
Don't wait up. It took me years to get this far! :roll:

This is really a lovely tune! Great collab!

I liked these two. Search sounds a little more plaintive, Hands more sweet.

Return to “Music Cafe”