Microtonic & Lemur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lemur Microtonic (µTonic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHUASDjeJmI

It might be boring at times, but there was no preparation :D

Hey - that's great!

Nice... Is this a template of your creation?

Yep! Great template! I once made one for µTonic in TouchOSC, but that's a toy compared to this :oops:
I'm not touching the scripting stuff myself though :help:

T-CM11 wrote:
Yep! Great template! I once made one for µTonic in TouchOSC, but that's a toy compared to this :oops:
I'm not touching the scripting stuff myself though :help:
Thanks Amused/T-CM11!

I saw another micro tonic template in the user library, but hadn't seen this one before.

Hi

Great template. I'm curious, how you have assigned buttons to control Microtonic's step sequencer ? I mean each button for each step. Is there default MIDI Messages to control the step sequencer?

I would like to know, so I could creat a custom layout in TouchOSC for Microtonic, focusing step sequencing.

I can't find the info in the Microtonic's user manual, no info on Soniccharge forum. Also MIDI learn function from Microtonic isn't working in FL Studio 10/11 :(

I made a TouchOsc template for Microtonics step sequencer. There's a thread on the Sonic Charge forum about it. Use "Pitched" mode to assign each drum / cc set to a separate channel. In TouchOsc, just ensure each lane of the 8x16 buttons / sequencer corresponds to the relevant drum / channel & CC. I found it helped to map out the channel numbers and CC's on a piece of paper before programming them into TouchOsc.

HTH

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

vvvvictor wrote:Great template. I'm curious, how you have assigned buttons to control Microtonic's step sequencer ? I mean each button for each step. Is there default MIDI Messages to control the step sequencer?
I don't know, I didn't make the template myself. But you need µTonic v3.1 for it to work.
vvvvictor wrote:I can't find the info in the Microtonic's user manual, no info on Soniccharge forum. Also MIDI learn function from Microtonic isn't working in FL Studio 10/11 :(
You have to set the midi input & output port in the wrapper settings to the same number as your iPad/Midi controller (in midi options).
Only thing is, to record automation, you also have to use Fl's "link to controller" function for all controls you wish to record. Stupid, right!! I wish FL could just record plain Midi :( :x

T-CM11 wrote: You have to set the midi input & output port in the wrapper settings to the same number as your iPad/Midi controller (in midi options).

Can't manage to this either. :bang:

Everything is set correctly on MIDI options and in the Wrapper tab but MIDI Learn can't work.Only "Last Tweaked/ Link to the controller" function from FL studio, but can't apply for the step sequencer.

Yes, it is ver. 3.1. I was wondering if was related that I'm using the demo version. But the download page says it have full functionality.

But thanks anyways

@mcnelson

I think I found your TouchOSC layout but it seems that it have no controls for the step sequencer, according to the pictures from the thread. I'll download it and have a look later.

Can you post a screenshot from your midi settings and wrapper settings?

vvvvictor wrote: @mcnelson

I think I found your TouchOSC layout but it seems that it have no controls for the step sequencer, according to the pictures from the thread. I'll download it and have a look later.
No, that's not my template in that thread; that template is all about controlling Microtonic but not the sequencer; I haven't posted mine anywhere. PM me your address and I'll shoot it your way if you want it.

HTH

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

@T-CM11

MIDI Settings

Wrapper

Testing it with Korg nano

@mcnelson

Thanks! PM'ed you.

Big thumbs up and thanks to Softcore for all the hard work thats gone into this superb control surface for Mtonic, its fantastic. Btw the "Tilt to Morph Mode" is a hoot!.

I'm using this on iPad 1(iOS5) wirelessly (still pretty tight latency wise) with current Lemur V4.03 and it appears to work excellently.It's as close to holding Microtonic in your hands with no wires :wheee:

I posted about this thread (Thanks T-CM11 great find) on Soniccharge forum (couldn't see any mention of it) as I'm sure others there would love this.
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Hey hello guys! First of all thanks for the kind words. Truth is I havent promoted this Lemur template enough but I really think highly of it myself too - new version with running light sequencer coming soon.

Not wanting to "bash" Touch OSC but what has been achieved with Lemur and mTonic is NOT possible in any other iOS midi control design app that I know of - the Lemur scripting made it possible to have functions right at your fingertips NOT possible with midi mapping such as copy,paste, exchange patterns and drum patches, randomizers and all sorts of crazy stuff....

Actually, I had in mind to make a detailed video about it just because both mTonic AND Lemur deserve to be wider known.....

As for the question about the midi mapping, after the latest update SonicCharge did on mTonic, yes EACH step of the sequencer is indeed "midi mappable"...

oh, forgot to mention, aspiring developers of Lemur OR TouchOSC can find a bit of tehnical info INSIDE the template download in the pdf manual!

Greets y'all - and hey, I just noticed Im a member in here for like 7 years, and this must be the first time I actually post anything lol!

Return to “Instruments”