performance improvisation instrumental "circulation"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Circulation by fate atc, on Flickr

performance improvisation instrumental "circulation"

"circulation" 11.76 MB 6 min 25 sec at 256 kbps

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9504 ... lation.mp3

or top of the player at http://www.reverbnation.com/fateatc/songs

any comments or feedback appreciated

absolutely beautiful. there is some hefty bottom end going on here.. i approve 8)

neil.

:love: :hail:

It sounds fantastic including some rumbling but controlled bass. This time the percussion is very subtle and fully integrated with the piece. Huge improvement! :tu:

If I had a complaint (and I usually do), I think you are using very similar melodies (up and down the scale) in your various pieces. I think I could correctly pick the fatc piece in a blind test based on the melodies alone. Maybe you oughta mix it up a bit?

Great piano and synth sounds again, fatc. I especially liked the bell-like synth towards the end. Nice heartbeatz too. I think they are a good fit with the other elements.

Good work :)

thanks macmurphy, glad you approve. Some of the more static bass is JX 10 on Soundtrack patch, and the moving line is Mopho, Minitaur and Ace.
thanks for the listen astrochimp, hope all is good there.
thanks for the feedback Frantz. Yes, might have to try some unlearning which will mix things up hopefully.
and thanks seismic, the heartbeat is Prophet 08, and the higher pitch synths , warbly Plugiator Lightwave and the more metallic Rapture. 18 tracks in total.

I just picked up Rapture in the recent sale. I'm quite impressed with it.

Sorry, bit slow with responses.
I bought Rapture a while back for next to nothing, and hardly scratched the surface with it. I think it should do complex slowly evolving and mutating pads well, but is a bit thin and needs a piercing part, or layering.

Beautiful, and yes the understated percussion works really well here. The epiano part was a highlight for me sound wise and rhythmically, as it felt almost like straight against swung.
Image Image

cool, thanks polyslax.
Am enjoying the Rhodes at the moment, and have it set up a bit different...into M80 with a dry mono direct out, mixed with the R and L M80 bus circuit out, which goes thru SDD 320 and MPX1, and a dry hardware send out of the box through KSP8 dreamverb for some sustain.
Not using any effects in the box but jsdelays on the hardware sends.

Very nice. Thanks, fateamenabletochange.
No longer a moderator.

thanks DH :)

Return to “Music Cafe”