PPG v.3 from Waldorf. What is your opinion?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V

Hello KVR

I have bought an upgrade and the sound are great, not so "mainstream" ;)

What do you think about the PPG v.3 from Waldorf? Something for you or ?

MillerSam wrote:Hello KVR

The sound is OK but it is very bad that you can not import your own wavetables.
Without Waveterm the 3.V is only half a PPG.

It's amazing.

EvilDragon wrote:It's amazing.
It's amazingly expensive, I'm waiting for it to drop in price! :lol:

I have bought my upgrade there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PPG-Wave-3V ... 0942553296

I got my serial this evening without problems ;) and you can make an offer. I have paid finally 70 dollar for it

MillerSam wrote:I have bought my upgrade there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PPG-Wave-3V ... 0942553296

I got my serial this evening without problems ;) and you can make an offer. I have paid finally 70 dollar for it
So I need to buy the 1st version first - how do you prove you own it to get the upgrade via that seller? Added to my watchlist...

I was pretty stoked about it when it first came out and it does seem to capture more of the real PPG's digital grit than 2.V did. All the new wavetables created just for 3.V are a cool addition.

I admit I didn't end up using it as much as I'd expected to, apart from some of the more classic and recognizable PPG textures that I'd also used 2.V for. I think maybe because the voice architecture feels a bit constricted by today's standards. You really don't have a very fine degree of control over how wavetable scans unfold with a simple ADSR that's shared by the filter and an LFO with simple waveshapes, at least not compared to the multi-segment envelopes/performers etc. found in newer wavetable synths like Massive and Zebra. I wouldn't have minded if Waldorf had enhanced the original architecture in one more area and at least included the multi-point wave envelopes from the Microwave series.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

I have the Waldorf Edition but I don't want to pay 99 euro for the upgrade.

The system for registration is the e-licenser. You must download the full version of PPG and activate it over the e-licenser. I have received the activation code over email from the reseller and he said that is generated by Waldorf today.

I don't must show them my version of Waldorf Edition :S A little bit confusion about this system. You must have it but they don't demand it. Not very intelligent system

I like it a lot but I wish they would come up with 64-bit versions for OS X ... But I don't hold my breath for that
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I'm looking forward to NAVE as a VST plugin.

MillerSam wrote:What do you think about the PPG v.3 from Waldorf? Something for you or ?
Too expensive :(

Numanoid wrote:
MillerSam wrote:What do you think about the PPG v.3 from Waldorf? Something for you or ?
Too expensive :(
Do you think ? for 70 dollar, I think it a good upgrade price

PietW. wrote:

Personally 140 built-in wavetables (108 more than in PPG 2.V) and sample import (+ all original Waveterm samples) are enough for my taste.

Besides that sound wise PPG 3.V is an almost perfect emulation of the real thing, much closer than 2.V. I had the opportunity top check this with a real PPG Wave 3.V last year.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
PietW. wrote:

Personally 140 built-in wavetables (108 more than in PPG 2.V) and sample import (+ all original Waveterm samples) are enough for my taste.

Besides that sound wise PPG 3.V is an almost perfect emulation of the real thing, much closer than 2.V. I had the opportunity top check this with a real PPG Wave 3.V last year.

Ingo
What was your conclusion between the real one an emulation ?

MillerSam wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
PietW. wrote:

Ingo
What was your conclusion between the real one an emulation ?
While it was cool to play the real thing the PPG 3.V emulation is as close as you could get (except if you want to do your own wavetables like PietW).
Anyway that was not possible without having a Waveterm.

I was Beta testing PPG 3.V, made a factory bank and published a commercial soundset for it so you could guess i really like it, no matter what others maybe say... :)

While doing my own patches i also found that the effects do sound great, especially the Chorus and the Reverb.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”