Two Notes torpedo WOSIII cabinet simulator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Torpedo Wall of Sound

Started this thread since there are so many people discussing it. Gotta say it's pretty good.

http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/to ... f-sound-3/

you can also browse this thread which has relevant info or just ask questions.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

yep, i too like this. it has a few bugs though - but the tech support is pretty responsive so far, so i have no complaints :-)

i especially like the overload knob - at first it sounded like a simple crossfade between distorted and clean sound, but the knob is actually lowering the threshold for the distortions (or that's what i think it does) so that you hear obvious distortion only when you hit the strings hard. can be a nice effect in some cases!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

How is it with loading custom IR's?

For example, Recabinet offers you a "Dynamics" knob, which adds to the static IR's. Does WoS III do the same?

And I'm wondering about the "mic after mic" thing. Meaning: the custom IR's are usually recorded with a specific mic. Now if you'd use WoS's mic and speaker placement on top of that mic, wouldn't that interfere?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I haven't tried IR's in it. Didn't even know you could :lol:

i don't believe it adds something to static IR's, the speaker dynamics are only simulated with WoS's own cabinets. when you load a custom IR, all WoS's cabinet processing is disabled.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Does not make any sound in Reaper

Hmmmmmmm. Works in studio one and live x64

@support: Already on the case of the slow loading times. Gotta love it!

I installed the CM version a couple of hours ago.

This thing is excellent. Really versatile. Love the Compressor and EQ.

Not sure how to get a _really_ dirty sound out of it by itself.
This version won't load IRs. It overdrives nicely though, but the clean and twangy sounds are really sweet, full of body and character.

I really like the design of this and could see me using it a lot.

It's definitely the most feature packed and easy to use free amp plugin I have found without a doubt.

I really like how you can resize the GUI to three different sizes. Nice touch.

I stuck a TS-999 before it and cranked it up till it was singing. Not even missing the IR loading. But that _would_ be nice. It plays well with the rest of my chain too - an LE456 and Rednef Twin. Just like a real amp - clean and twangy until you step on the stomp box - then nice and creamy and fuzzy. Actually not too fuzzy with AcmeBarGig's Cab Enhancer at the end of the chain - it really rounds and smooths things off.

It was easy to install and doesn't seem to be doing any internet stuff according to my firewall or as I can tell on the face of it. There is a very wide range of sounds and tones I can get out of this. I'm really impressed. It uses about 5 percent CPU on my 2GHz triple core, with all modules switched on.

I'm really going to have to look into this seriously as well. It's just too good with that interface design. A really well thought out unit.

cheers.

Edit:
How much does this thing cost - the distributor in the UK doesn't seem to show a price for it? Roughly?

codec_spurt wrote:Edit:
How much does this thing cost - the distributor in the UK doesn't seem to show a price for it? Roughly?
There's a shop in the plugin, like that product by IK (click on "The Boutique" logo and it opens in a tab in the center). Unlike that other one however they don't smother you with half-empty presets and locked menu items to try and entice you to buy more gear. They also take real money.

Cabs are $9 a piece, which is a bit steep, but you're paying partly for the engine as well, not just an IR. Also, they don't seem to be going for the Farmville "ONLY THIS WEEK, DOUBLE FARM BUCKS AND 50% OFF ALL POWER AMPS!!! BUY NOW!!!" impulse buyer, but rather expect you to just buy what you feel you need and they'll respect that. They do seem to offer a progressive discount the more cabs you buy at once though (from 25% for five up to 65% off if you buy 48 at once).

Still flirting but seems nice so far :) only not sure about the compressor But I'll have to test more.

In my setup I'm comparing it with some donationware+free nebula cab. ir's and ignite amps TPA-1.

Nebula cab.s to me are very comparable, has nice clatiry and charater just like the torpedo. TPA-1 though does need some upgrades to compete but still nice sounding.

I guess it comes to the mic.ing options the torpedo offers whether one will use them or not. I usually don't find myself using more than 3-4 cab.s so 9 bucks per cab. isn't bad at all as long as you buy the one you won't regret later :D

Cooker wrote:
I guess it comes to the mic.ing options the torpedo offers whether one will use them or not. I usually don't find myself using more than 3-4 cab.s so 9 bucks per cab. isn't bad at all as long as you buy the one you won't regret later :D
You get discount depending on number of cabs you buy:
http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgeb ... rticle=126

Go for Pro and 48 cabinets and 65% off.

I guess that's the idea - plugins is free - and you buy cabinets as you need them.

48 cabinets a 8EUR = 384 EUR.
Then apply the 65% discount: 134,40 EUR, vat included (for Europe).

Looks like a fair deal to me if you really go for the full pack.

I mean:
IKM AT3 Metal costs 79,99 EUR plus VAT, comes with stomps and heads, but limited cabinets. Imagine how much AT3 Custom Shop with only power amps, mics and all cabinets would cost!

Line6 PODFarm Platinum (hardware independent) is 299USD.

Guitar Rig Pro costs 199 EUR (vat included)

And most other guitar "packs" also clock in at around 150-300 USD.

With the flood of excellent free stomps and heads, getting WoS III with either just one cabinet (8EUR minimum!) or all together with the discount (135EUR), it's a steal.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Ah, ok, I'm getting it now about the lack of overdrive and distortion, just read the rest of the CM article. Thanks to CM and Torpedo Pi for putting it out there.

I'm still a bit confused though, probably because I have the CM version.

Is there another free version to download? I know I could research it and all the rest, but I'm saturated at the moment. I just want a clear plan.

Can you give me a download link to the demo version? And then, explain one last time what we need to do to get a basic working version? I wouldn't have a problem with paying 9 bucks for a cab if it supported the stunning design and interface I've experienced so far.

Boy, I am pretty technical, but I am so far out of my depth on this. I don't know if you simulation bods realise it, but there is a massive market for this, but it is such disruptive technology and a paradigm shift for your target audience, that they may be having some difficulties understanding.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable as hibidy and nekro and susiwong et al.

Could you go the extra mile to patronise us?

Not being hard on you, it's early days.

But some of us have learning difficulties...

Believe me, I have looked. I have spent many hours on your stuff. I don't think I have ever been so confused by a bit of software ever. And then someone says you do hardware too?

:shock:

Please can someone do an idiot's guide for me.

I really like this. In fact I would probably be quite happy just to stay with my CM version. Please Explain....

I've tried the hardware range and it is really good to my ears and for what my very honest humble opinion is worth. At the moment I only have the entry mode which is the TORPEDO C.A.B. (It doesn't have a load box or attenuator built-in for example) but I have a load box already. When funds permit I will be investing in one of the more feature rich hardware TORPEDO's.
yo
The plugin I find great as channel strip in its own right once the mic'd speaker cab section is bypassed, Especially on multi-tracked drum kit pieces. I have quite a few channel strips also but this one is really quick to tweak, I highly recommend for fellow user's to try it on all sources to hear if it will come in handy for your needs :)

I've got the free version II and the CM version II and very much used to them but only installed WoS III in the early hours of this morning and can't wait to get trying it

Like you weighed up CompyFox, It really is good VFM and Codec indeed dude it is a power amplifier section so if you want any prior shaping and of course distortion some form of pre amplifier is needed :tu:

The hardware words the same way, As in you setup your pedals, amp and cab/combo then one way I use the TORPEDO C.A.B. is via one of the amps series FX Loop sends, Dial in or choose a patch of power-amp model and mic'd cab which works then into a line input on the interface into DAW all ready to record. I also have mic's on my cabinet(s) but if the room I am working with is less than useful then the C.A.B. does the work of getting a top notch mic'd speaker cab in a great sounding room

Its summer holidays and my two mini me's won't blooming well go to sleep, After they do I'm firing WoS III up friend's

All the best to everyone as always :D

Dean

I'm only scratching the surface myself (thanks to susiwong and Dean), but boy did I learn a lot about guitars over the course of the last year! More than I ever did at engineering schools.

codec_spurt:
I'd say... go over to the TwoNotes homepage, grab the "Wall of Sound" plugin - it's pretty much like IKM's AT Custom Shop, just sans the need to register anything until the plugin starts bugging you (8 EUR minimum and that thing is yours - forever!).

A chain would be:

Stomp Box (Boost Pedal or Distortion Pedal) -> Amp Head (whatever you like) -> Torpedo WoS (for another gain boost with the head, and proper cabinet).

Don't forget the compressor and maybe even delay/reverb stomps that you want prior to the amp head, or just a delay mixed along post the amp head. It's up to you. But this is the general setup.

So:
Guitar -> DI -> ADC -> Stomp -> Amp Head -> Cabinet => Record

Or if you're using samples, then just:
Guitar VSTi -> Stomp -> Amp head -> Cabinet => Record

Dean:
"two mini me's" - hah, nice one for talking about children. :D

Return to “Effects”