In praise of older plugs.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that GForce's venerable Oddity just got upgraded to 64 bit, it's sitting back on my Mac's dock along with the timewARP 2600 and Arturia's Moog Modular. There's been so much progress this past decade since these initial emulations were programmed, but the amount of thought and sweat that went into them still shines through. They do what they're supposed to and capture the vibe of the first wave.

Time to save for imposcar again, that one has not aged a day :hyper:

TheoM wrote:Time to save for imposcar again, that one has not aged a day :hyper:
yeah, i spent the extra $ on MTron. impOscar is surely as worthy.

buescher wrote:timewARP 2600
The price of that is way over the top though, time for the developer to lower it possibly :help:

timewARP = $249
synthX = $4,99

I don't think it is right that devs take huge amounts of money for pc/mac plugs, and use that to fund their development of dirtcheap ipad plugs :x

My favorite example of this is the Korg legacy collection -- amazing plugs to this day, cheaper than most anything else, and still a regular, bread-n-butter part of my toolkit, so to speak.

Reaktor has been going since the very early days, and are more than ever cutting edge.

And there is also z3ta+ which is still in demand :)

Numanoid wrote:Reaktor has been going since the very early days, and are more than ever cutting edge.

And there is also z3ta+ which is still in demand :)

I bought z3ta while it was in beta. I still use it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

i use mostly older cpu light plugs teamed with modern effects :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

VAZ Modular has been around a long time and still sounds fabulous. The Cosmo Oscillators, Granular Oscillator, K Filter (Korg MS20) and Comb Filter are phenomenal. It also has some interesting Buchla/Serge-inspired control modules, crazy sequencers, and hosts VSTs.

It's one of the few things I miss from Windows. I haven't found a modular with its combo of great sound / deep programming possibilities / ease of use since switching to a Mac.

What was very good once remains very good, whatever people say.

The absolute 0.002 kopecks post :oops:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I wish the SQ8L project would still be existant, but nothing happened for over 5 years.

Then again, we thought so as well about Synth1 - and suddenly we got updates.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Numanoid wrote:I don't think it is right that devs take huge amounts of money for pc/mac plugs, and use that to fund their development of dirtcheap ipad plugs :x
Yeah, because that's how it works. :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Discovery is 10+ year old :)

George wrote:Discovery is 10+ year old :)
Congrats :)

I'm on version 4 now

Big Up for older plugins.

Return to “Instruments”