Deccan Traps - Shadow Talk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a sort of transitional track for the upcoming album.

hope you enjoy.

Shadow Talk

https://soundcloud.com/deccan-traps/shadow-talk

thank you,

neil

There is something malevolent and mechanical about the atmosphere in this one. The pads and the synth sound like they are being expelled from some piece of misguided machinery, all the time being encouraged by the insistent beat of the
portisculus, similar to a day at the office.

Good work :)

I wish I knew how you achieved the circular stereo effect. Very nice. It was easy to get lost inside of that. And I mean that as a compliment. When do you anticipate the entire album being done? I think I'm hooked.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

Good stuff. Thanks, macmurphy.

Vulcandj, if you haven't already checked out his other stuff on Bandcamp you ought to. Good in its own right, and it'll hold you till the new one's done.
No longer a moderator.

Great track. A brooding menace is coming I fear! The shadows are talking... Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Great placement and choice of sounds, kinda reminds me of NIN...very cool track!

Lovely moody piece Neil... quite enjoyed it! :)
Image Image

Real nice sounds, this kind of repetition that keeps evolving and never really sounds to same combined with the effects processing really draws me in.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

kinda reminds me of NIN
Not so much the drums...but the sound of everything else. May I ask what distortion you're using?

:tu:

thank you all for the kind words :)

@Vulcandj - i should have the album done by the end of the month, all things being well. the circular delay thing was done by panning pitch shifted reversed delays around.

@mr.me - there's saturation on pretty much all the channels but anywhere you hear anything extra it has probably been through an instance of Sonitex.
Last edited by macmurphy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whoops

Return to “Music Cafe”