PPG WaveGenerator For Mac And PC *Out Now*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG WaveGenerator Plug-in

Last edited by nutekk on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

f**k yeah!!!!!

EvilDragon wrote:f**k yeah!!!!!
Took the words right out of my mouth.

f**k yeah!

-sam

Cool... :love: :tu: :party:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Nice :tu:

Hopefully the price will be as in appstore = £14 :D

So awesome. First, the PPG Wave Generator as a VST and then the NAVE.
Too bad it take so long.

kool for a standalone vst synth, definitely interested.

but can someone tell me if this will be able to export wavetables for use with the well known wavetable hardware ? because that is what would make this an insta-purchase for me.

You should better ask Wolfgang Palm if you want to know that. My guess is - no, this will be a literal conversion of iOS synth to PC/Mac.

Numanoid wrote:Hopefully the price will be as in appstore = £14 :D
Not quite. 99€, according to http://wolfgangpalm.com/wavegenerator/w ... ac-and-pc/.

Exciting.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

EvilDragon wrote:You should better ask Wolfgang Palm if you want to know that. My guess is - no, this will be a literal conversion of iOS synth to PC/Mac.
ya, I'm guessing no as well. Even a .wav export would be nice

A price of 99 € is really cheap.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

ChiTown24 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:You should better ask Wolfgang Palm if you want to know that. My guess is - no, this will be a literal conversion of iOS synth to PC/Mac.
ya, I'm guessing no as well. Even a .wav export would be nice
single cycle wav export could be interesting, if the user can specify sample length

ChiTown24 wrote:kool for a standalone vst synth, definitely interested.

but can someone tell me if this will be able to export wavetables for use with the well known wavetable hardware ? because that is what would make this an insta-purchase for me.
He was asked this question on his facebook page some weeks ago. His answer was, that "it's not planned" and that "one first would have to know the file / wavetable format of the destination product".

Depending on the implementation a conversion of the wavetables could quite difficult or result in data loss and unsatisfactory results.

blacktomcat666 wrote:

He was asked this question on his facebook page some weeks ago. His answer was, that "it's not planned" and that "one first would have to know the file / wavetable format of the destination product".

Depending on the implementation a conversion of the wavetables could quite difficult or result in data loss and unsatisfactory results.
well, considering he developed the wavetable technology and/or the hardware in question, I'd say having knowledge of the wavetable format shouldn't be a problem. But if it's not planned, it's not planned, and I'm not up-to-date on his current standing with waldorf so maybe there's some politics involved...

as far as imperfections in going from computer to synth.. I can live with that.

ChiTown24 wrote:
blacktomcat666 wrote:

well, considering he developed the wavetable technology and/or the hardware in question, I'd say having knowledge of the wavetable format shouldn't be a problem. But if it's not planned, it's not planned, and I'm not up-to-date on his current standing with waldorf so maybe there's some politics involved...

as far as imperfections in going from computer to synth.. I can live with that.
This has nothing to do with the fact that he invented it since there are different approaches for creating wavetables available. For a proper conversion you have to know the data format (audio data, harmonics data or whatever), the internal data types and ranges, the file format and of course the type of engine (number of slots, slot size, phase handling or whether interpolation is used or not...). And some formats are not completely documented.

Return to “Instruments”