Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for Falcon/MachFive released on patchpool - free update Celtic harp

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MachFive Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for Falcon/MachFive 3

Hi folks,

I just released my first sound library for MachFive 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7DkOxr1O4

Scattered Entity Vol. 1 is the first library in a series of releases for MOTU's MachFive 3. Over time an entire universe of sounds for this extremely versatile electronic instrument will be created, combining the beauty and natural expression of acoustic instruments with the unlimited possibilities of state-of-the-art sound design.

Specifications and content:
  • 4.38 GB of samples (1330 wavs/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit).
    121 patches/instruments + 8 variations, combining all synthesis methods available in MachFive.
  • Multisampled instruments, pure and and combined with electronics
    Evolving pads
    Vocal texures
    Experimental and abstract textures
    Cinematic and ominous soundscapes and drones
    Complex sequencers
    Processed field recordings
    Orchestral sounds derived from orchestral recordings of my own music
Sampled Instruments:
  • Celtic harp with 27 strings - multisampled with several velocity layers and round robin, harp glissandi, bisbigliando and more
    Pedal timpani, multisampled at three pitches with up to 5 velocity layers and 8x round robin, played with hard and soft beaters. Different articulations, swells, flams and pedal glissandi.
    Waterphone
    Other string instruments (violin, piano, cello)
    Woodwinds (sax/duduk)
    Chromatic and achromatic percussion (Thai gongs, Tamtam, bowed and beaten vibraphone, tibetan singing bowls, Glockenspiel)
20 patches have custom scripting for extended sound manipulation features and a user interface (check out the videos below), all non-scripted patches have the Modwheel and the 8 Macros assigned in the info tab, many also use Aftertouch.

Scripting by Iain Morland.

All acoustic instrument-samples in this library were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R at 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R. The field recordings were made with a pair of Sennheiser shotguns inside windshield cages with dead cats, mounted on a boom recorded onto a Tascam HD-P2 recorder.

Patch categories:
  • Celtic Harp - 13 + 1 variation
    Mallets - 5 + 2 variations
    Orchestral - 3
    Pads - 11 + 1 variation
    Percussion - 8 + 2 variations
    Sequencer - 8
    Soundscapes - 17 + 2 variations
    Strings - 4
    Synths - 12
    Timpani - 10
    Voices - 7
    Waterphone - 19
    Woodwinds - 4
You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the licence agreement and the patchlist including descriptions and playing tips here

Delivery: download - RAR-archive in 5 parts for better download handling - download size: 2.68 GB - fast download speeds guaranteed.

Please note: this library requires the full version of MachFive 3 (version 3.2 and higher), it will not work with the UVI workstation.

Price (paypal): € 79 Euro.

All demos below were produced entirely with MachFive 3 using only patches from Scattered Entity Vol. 1, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of MachFive were used in a track. If a demo does use 3rd party reverb, this is mentioned in the track title.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... xperiments

Product page with many videos demonstrating and explaining some of the patches and pictures of the sampled instruments.

Thank's for reading!

Simon Stockhausen :wheee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfDaZbdZHRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTec2XL59ww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXTDstWMLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjQlWUXn7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRYZ8DNSeDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCFOAClDaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJlsyWzHV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96HswDMSSqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZQ0c94bu8
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Played through about 15 patches pretty quickly. Wanted to get some kind of overview of the sounds.

Well everything was very nice and felt fresh even though I already own ~500 Simon's Alchemy patches. The quality was superb mostly thanks for the sampling and programming but also some props to Mach5's great sound engine. CPU usage wasn't that bad I expected worse. So all in all my first impression is very positive. Well tbh I was very confident the stuff is good and it should be when the price is more on the expensive side.

Hopefully this sells well and finds the Mach5 customer base. Getting to MOTU's fb page is a good start. And maybe some day we get part 2. It feels almost rude to be talking about new patches but I'm not pushing you Simon. Just saying that you and Mach5 are match made in heaven.

Vertti wrote:Played through about 15 patches pretty quickly. Wanted to get some kind of overview of the sounds.

Well everything was very nice and felt fresh even though I already own ~500 Simon's Alchemy patches. The quality was superb mostly thanks for the sampling and programming but also some props to Mach5's great sound engine. CPU usage wasn't that bad I expected worse. So all in all my first impression is very positive. Well tbh I was very confident the stuff is good and it should be when the price is more on the expensive side.

Hopefully this sells well and finds the Mach5 customer base. Getting to MOTU's fb page is a good start. And maybe some day we get part 2. It feels almost rude to be talking about new patches but I'm not pushing you Simon. Just saying that you and Mach5 are match made in heaven.
Thank you for the nice early-bird-feedback :)
Well, I said "Vol. 1 is the first in a series" of releases, this ain't blabla, so you can be sure Vol. 2 - 3 - 4 will follow, I love this instrument.

Scattered Entity Vol. 1 has been the most expensive library I've ever released on patchpool, so "more on the expensive" side is a very relative point of view :shock:

I'm aiming at a break even first...

Yeah, it's been 12 hours at least, where's part 2? :D

Amazing work, Simon! The demo's are stunning. Filled with your inspiring, expanding sonic universe. Or will be closer to being filled when Part 2 is released. Congrats on this galactic pioneering effort to explore the scattered parsecs of MachFive!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:Yeah, it's been 12 hours at least, where's part 2? :D

Amazing work, Simon! The demo's are stunning. Filled with your inspiring, expanding sonic universe. Or will be closer to being filled when Part 2 is released. Congrats on this galactic pioneering effort to explore the scattered parsecs of MachFive!
LOL - it's only been about 5 hours really, I lost Vol. 2 somehow on the way to the kitchen for making some cat food, it must be somewhere here - arggggh.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

LOL - it's only been about 5 hours really, I lost Vol. 2 somehow on the way to the kitchen for making some cat food, it must be somewhere here - arggggh.
So is that a teaser? Can we expect Vol. 2 to include samples of Dark Matter made from cat food? :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

So is that a teaser? Can we expect Vol. 2 to include samples of Dark Matter made from cat food? :D
That would sound like squeeeelllshhhhhhhhhsshshhshshh...

I've spent well over an hour now just with "Three Timpanis Mixed Art". Very playable. Going to take my time with this one. :)

Just a heads up, I'm getting cpu spikes with single notes of "Dist Duduk" on S1 on a core i7 iMac with 16 gigs. Might need an adjustment?

Not having any other performance issues so far.

audientronic wrote:Just a heads up, I'm getting cpu spikes with single notes of "Dist Duduk" on S1 on a core i7 iMac with 16 gigs. Might need an adjustment?

Not having any other performance issues so far.
That's the only patch in this library which uses IRCAM Stretch mode which is very CPU hungry, as I wrote in the patch description on the info page. I can play it here with 2 voices (that's why I set the polyphony to 2 voices) both on a Macbook Pro and a Mac Pro with a sample buffers of 256 in Logic and standalone mode, otherwise I would not have released the patch as it is. The patch in granular mode just didn't sound as smooth at all and the normal stretch mode produces way too many artifacts for tasks like this.

Could you try drastically upping your sample buffer size in whatever DAW you're using and then try again?

I plan on using Scattered Entity stand alone for the first while just to focus on the Sounds, also I look forward to when my main Host Numerology goes multi threaded in the near future.

So I'm sure though I'll get fair performance from my mid 2011 3.1 Ghz i5

In a year or so I'm getting a Mac pro...

Congrats on the release of Scattered Entity!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I plan on using Scattered Entity stand alone for the first while just to focus on the Sounds, also I look forward to when my main Host Numerology goes multi threaded in the near future.

Thank's Wade, yeah multithreaded hosts, I'm a lifetime Logic user which always puts all the CPU consumed by one instrument on one core which sometimes sucks.

audientronic wrote:I've spent well over an hour now just with "Three Timpanis Mixed Art". Very playable. Going to take my time with this one. :)
Glad you're liking the timps :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I plan on using Scattered Entity stand alone for the first while just to focus on the Sounds, also I look forward to when my main Host Numerology goes multi threaded in the near future.

Thank's Wade, yeah multithreaded hosts, I'm a lifetime Logic user which always puts all the CPU consumed by one instrument on one core which sometimes sucks.
Well actually Numerology4 Pro will only be able to send to one processor per rack so it will be the same. I think the only way to get multi threaded instruments is if it's done with the code in the instrument itself...

I use my sounds monophonically or duophonically so this isn't a big problem for me..

Though I really love the multi threaded option in Diva and ACE
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Well actually Numerology with also only be able to send to one processor per rack so it will be the same. I think the only way to get multi threaded instruments is if it's done with the code in the instrument itself...

I use my sounds monophonically or duophonically so this isn't a big problem for me..
Well, hosts like Reaper do multithreading very well as far as I can tell.

Return to “Soundware”