Monark is seriously impressive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark

For years I've wanted a Mini Moog. And every single software implementation of it has not quite nailed it although the Mini V from Arturia came really close.

I even had a Plugiator with the Mini Moog clone on it which still managed to sound a bit sterile.

Monark on the other hand. This synth. It sounds real. It sounds like someone has magically transferred a real vintage Mini Moog into my computer. My long search for a perfect emulation has finally finished.

And it's currently on offer. Got it at half price. If you're into the Mini Moog you simply have to buy this synth.

OK, how many threads are you gonna start about Monark today? ;)

Numanoid wrote:OK, how many threads are you gonna start about Monark today? ;)
This is my last one. I promise :D

It is very good, and proves that analog can be emulated 99.999999 (lets just say 100%).
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:It is very good, and proves that analog can be emulated 99.999999 (lets just say 100%).
I doubt even the Monark team would put the percentage quite that high ;)

But it's good enough that I'd say its closest competitor is presently other analogue hardware synths, rather than VST's. For me it's the emulation standard to beat, particularly for its envelope handling and bass output.

I really hope NI devote some resources to help create the same for something polyphonic in the not-so-distant future. Plus it'd help fill the slight void they left when they finally pulled Pro53 from Komplete :)

Honestly we're at the point where VST trumps analog hardware, in my personal opinion. In the realm of affordability all of the analog gear I've tried out myself has just made me appreciate the VST hard-hitters all the more.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

isn't it only mono?

Monark was the synth that made me realize that (for me) character > realism. Love it.

Sendy wrote:Honestly we're at the point where VST trumps analog hardware, in my personal opinion. In the realm of affordability all of the analog gear I've tried out myself has just made me appreciate the VST hard-hitters all the more.
Yes. I agree. We've arrived at the point where the emulation now outperforms the hardware in all meaningful metrics.
TheoM wrote:isn't it only mono?
Yes. But I believe there are ways to turn the synth into a poly-synth with some edits in Reaktor.

I'd love to hear more about the latter.

TheoM wrote:isn't it only mono?
only? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

TheoM wrote:I'd love to hear more about the latter.
There is a thread where Ingo gave steps on how... maybe the original Monark thread

Definitely on my wish list. Probably won't get it until K10 is available as I usually update every other version.

TheoM wrote:I'd love to hear more about the latter.
Some stuff here:-

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5318409

But for some reason Ingonator threw a wobbly and deleted his stuff.

Ok thanks.. I decided to go for the K9 standard upgrade for $75, it's worth it to get solid mix and monark. I already have razor, the mouth, and a couple other things, and i just can't afford ultimate. Wish standard had a HD though!

Return to “Instruments”