Computer Music Magazine Vault question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to know if there is one place that i can find old the plugins and effects that were released in computer music magazine

can i find old plugins in the vault?

how can I get access to the computer music magazine vault?

baba_anubis wrote:I wanted to know if there is one place that i can find old the plugins and effects that were released in computer music magazine

The first issue which had stuff available via the Vault was 182. At some point shortly after that, they stopped including all the old plugins, but Im not sure which issue. 182 has them, though.
how can I get access to the computer music magazine vault?
You get access to the Vault downloads for a specific issue by owning that issue.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

baba_anubis wrote:I wanted to know if there is one place that i can find old the plugins and effects that were released in computer music magazine

You can find the version of the CM studio as included on the DVD of a specific issue you own in the vault. The earliest issue in the vault is CM 182.

Note that at some point they axed all the legacy stuff (like the Muon stuff etc.) that had accumulated over the years. Most of this is really old stuff you're hardly going to miss, but if you're after something specific, you might want to check whether it's still included in CM studio (or at least tell us which "old plugin" you're looking for). Otherwise just get a recent edition and don't worry about it.

Bear in mind that a few of the plugins are one-offs, whereas most of them are available each month after the initial inclusion. If you want something particular, check you're getting the right issue, i.e. either the specific issue containing a one-off or the latest issue if you want the most bang for your buck.
baba_anubis wrote: how can I get access to the computer music magazine vault?
You need the magazine itself, as you need to answer a couple of questions about the magazine in order to link it to your account. Assuming you're not in the UK (in which case you can probably pick up a print copy from a nearby newsagents) the easiest thing to do is buy the magazine online via zinio. You'll save yourself the shipping costs to wherever you are so it works out much cheaper.

first of all thank you for your fast reply

is there a place where i can see a list of the plugins released in every issue?

CM184 is the last issue with the "old" CM Studio plugins.

From CM185 onwards, you get the new CM Plugins collection, which are all cross-platform, PC/Mac, VST/AU.

There's a list of CM Plugins at http://bit.ly/cmplugins

(The list has a few of the more recent plugins missing - we'll update this soon.)

Here's the FAQ on CM Plugins: http://bit.ly/cmpluginsfaq

The latest CM Plugins list, as of CM199 is:

EFFECTS

Artillery2 CM Edition
Blue Cat Audio FreqAnalyst CM
Cableguys WaveShaper CM
DDMF CM EQ Pack
eaReckon CM-COMP 87
eaReckon CM-EQUA87
Hornet Fat-FET
Inear Display Eurydice CM
KR-Delay CM Edition
KR-Reverb CM Edition
Kuassa Amplifikation CM
Kuassa PreMix CM
LiquidSonics Reverberate CM
MeldaProduction MHarmonizerCM
Ohm Force Ohmygod!
Photosounder Spiral CM
SKnote Snap
Sonimus Satson CM
Subsonic Labs Wolfram CM
ToneBoosters Barricade CM
VPS Philta CM Edition

INSTRUMENTS

AudioRealism ADM CM
Big Tick RhinoCM
Cableguys Curve 2 CM
Expert Sleepers XFadeLooperCM
KV331 Audio SynthMaster CM
LinPlug AlphaCM
LinPlug CM-505
Loomer Cumulus
Madrona Labs Aalto CM
Rob Papen RG-Muted CM
Synapse Audio Dune CM
Synapse Audio Plucked String
u-he ZebraCM
XILS-lab PolyKB II CM

Hope that helps!

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music

is it true that you release plugins from DARKWARE? because its not in the list...

baba_anubis wrote:is it true that you release plugins from DARKWARE? because its not in the list...
i dont think they did, no. Do you mean something made specifically for CM, or the regular freely-available stuff? Some of that might have appeared on disks, but it wasnt part of the CM plugins.

baba_anubis wrote:is it true that you release plugins from DARKWARE? because its not in the list...
No, we don't have any Darkware plugins.

sorry for dont understanding what do you mean by "or the regular freely-available stuff? "

were there other freeware released that are not on the list?

baba_anubis wrote:sorry for dont understanding what do you mean by "or the regular freely-available stuff? "
Darkware plugins that were freely available, rather than plugins Darkware made specifically for CM.

were there other freeware released that are not on the list?
FWIW, none of the CM Studio stuff was freeware, strictly speaking. The CM Studio was plugins the magazine commissioned for them, and them alone, to distribute. The DVD on the magazine, however, often used to include stuff that was freeware (and shareware) that they were allowed to redistribute. That stuff was generally available on the web, though, so has never been in the Vault.

So what I mean is that there may have been Darkware stuff on the DVDs of some issues, but it wasnt ever part of the CM Studio, and you could get it off the web anyway.

ok thankx now its clear, so is there anywhere a list of the "freeware (and shareware) that they were allowed to redistribute."?

ok and for example why CM-303VSTi is not on the list
Last edited by baba_anubis on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baba_anubis wrote:ok thankx now its clear, so is there anywhere a list of the "freeware (and shareware) that they were allowed to redistribute."?
I'd be surprised if there was, TBH, given that you're talking about fifteen or so years of cover mounted disks (CD originally, then DVD). Is it something specific you're looking for?

nothing specific...why CM-303 not on the list? are there lost insatruments?

baba_anubis wrote:nothing specific...why CM-303 not on the list? are there lost insatruments?
It's still available on CM Studio, but not on CM Plugins

baba_anubis wrote:nothing specific...why CM-303 not on the list? are there lost insatruments?

Thats the list of what's currently provided. Its already been said a couple of times that after CM184, they stopped providing the old set of plugins.

Return to “Instruments”