Glitchmachines Polygon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polygon

Just bought this - best purchase in a long while - this thing is sick!!

http://www.glitchmachines.com/products/polygon/

It's a 4 layer granular sampler made by InearDisplay and augmented by their crazy effects (metalizer, ringmod, stutter) and fsu knowhow and Glitchmachines samples (but can use any samples). Reminds me somewhat of a Reaktor ensemble (like S-Layer for example) but easier to work with (no sample maps etc).

I'm using it coupled with Kore 2 to create morphing patches which makes it like Alchemy's evil twin - e.g:

https://soundcloud.com/amused/chestburster

This is one patch (morphing)

Simon S would love this

I do love me some Inear Display plugs, really underappreciated imo. He just released an effect called rmpx4 that is pretty sweet, and I do like to put Gorgon on everything... I don't have this one (yet) but sounds like a lot of glitchy fun.

I have them all - rmpx4 is also great - hoping for a reverse del/echo in it though too for Crystallizer type fx - it's close already

Prices are great too

I've made a template for using this in Kore 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

Kore's ability to add morphing to this takes it to another dimension

I saw this recently and was curious. Do you find it's really only good for sound fx type stuff or does it have uses for melodic sounds too? I am assuming it does play chromatically right?

Yes it does. So far the sounds it comes with are pretty messed up but I guess if you fed it more melodic samples it would sound different although the fx are always going to make it sound pretty metallic and glitchy. The sub osc with the right samples could make some great bass patches though.

I decided to stab my eyes out with a fork than look at this GUI.

I would request a new GUI but I'm blind now. :(

Sure it's more utilitarian than pretty but the layout is clear and easy to get your head round, which to me is more important when it comes to gui design. What I particularly appreciate is every single element is automatable - not like some plugins with supposedly great guis (Massive for example)

$49 is decent.

Yeah all the Inear Display stuff is very fairly priced. Well worth it too.

Seems very interesting and the price is sure right.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

aMUSEd wrote: Kore's ability to add morphing to this takes it to another dimension
I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on this (not sure if you saw my PM?). I have Polygon but not Kore. Are you morphing between presets?

Wish theyd split the sample content from the plugin as a download option.
1 gig is a bit much when all I wanted was the plugin
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Kiitwa wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Kore's ability to add morphing to this takes it to another dimension
I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on this (not sure if you saw my PM?). I have Polygon but not Kore. Are you morphing between presets?
Sorry missed it, sort of. Kore enables morphing between variations to be more precise (very much like Alchemy does it but with any plugin), so you can take one preset and create 8 variations of it and morph between them in realtime. For some plugins pretty much all params are automatable so can be morphed which amounts to full preset morphing, but for a sample based plugin what morphing can't do is load different samples so it falls short of full preset morphing, although if you had two presets that used exactly the same samples you would be able to morph between them. Again Alchemy has the same limitation, I don't see how it would be possible to automate sample loading unless you used a sample table mapping system like Reaktor has.

I picked this up last night. It's bonkers. Having loads of fun using it. I wish there was an option to delay sample start time somewhere (for ease of making two-phase 'build up -> impact' sounds) and polyphony would be nice, but they're the only things I'm missing. A superb plug-in at a great price.

Return to “Instruments”