PragueSounds Solo Strings new user demos

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've received some requests to show sound examples of the library specifically from other users (not us or our offical demos). I'm posting this in the samples section as it isn't intended as any special offer, just putting various user's demos in one place. Any feedback will be very welcomed.

David's: (NEW)
String Quintet

Roberto's:
Schindler
Hagrid
Quiddich
RavelQtet
Pizz

Miles':
Lurking in Darkness

Belosound's:
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

Erik's:
http://eotte.blogspot.nl/2013/10/prague ... rings.html

I've also found this on Youtube - it's made from freely available demo patches only and probably has no reverb, but I like the melody at the end:
Beton's Conspiracy

Thanks for listening.
Lukas

I LOVE this library! I really love the quality of the sound. Looking forward to seeing what you do for version 2, but even as it is, I think it's awesome... which I believe is shown in the examples. :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Sequent! I've also read your reflection you've wrote here at first, and I have to agree. The version 1 philosophy was being more like an "open system", where the method of using the library depends strictly on an individual user. I like the diversity of sound I'm sometimes receiving from various users. But the version 2 will be, of course, more in contemporary "trends", as most users request modern type of quick, fast control, legatos etc. :)

I very much look forward to additional users' demos - I've received most of them from other forum yet, but I hope we'll hear also from KVR library users.

Ahh, I edited that out in order to simplify. :)

Some more - here you can hear totally different genres, it works in drama/sad/lyrical compositions:
The_Shattered_Hope

But it stands in modern/dissonant classical music as well:
Quartet_12_2013-11-29_d_Prague
Quartet_13_2013-11-30_b_Prague

Lukas, did you receive my payment? I didn't hear from you.

Yes, everything is fine, thank you, Jim! I just replied to you by email.

Lukas, any idea when Version 2 might be ready?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Technically, it's almost completely ready. But creating looped patches takes most of time - so I would guess 1-2 months.

Ok, cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Amazing sounds, great library if you are looking for some strings these babies are worth a while. Good Job!

Amazing sounds and also very friendly on the cpu. I was looking at another library where you had to go to a website that measured the power of your cpu. The response I got was a big LOL icon and a message telling me to move along. They also called me a slug! :)

My current computer definitely was not up to the required specs. Maybe in the future (I'm sure my next computer is going to be fine).

But yeah: this particular library is a winner on all fronts!

Also, two of the things that I'm using this for (still experimenting) is layering with other libraries (e.g. Albion) to add a closer dimension to the sound, so using this as sort of a first chair to add some dimension to the "farther back" libraries, and also layering with synth strings/samples... e.g. like James Newton Howard used to do.

The next thing I aim to do is to try writing a "proper" quartet/quintet as in some of the demos that Lukas has been posting.

There is so much to explore with PragueSounds solo Strings. I am very happy with my purchase!

Sequent wrote:Amazing sounds and also very friendly on the cpu. I was looking at another library where you had to go to a website that measured the power of your cpu. The response I got was a big LOL icon and a message telling me to move along. They also called me a slug! :)

My current computer definitely was not up to the required specs. Maybe in the future (I'm sure my next computer is going to be fine).

But yeah: this particular library is a winner on all fronts!

Also, two of the things that I'm using this for (still experimenting) is layering with other libraries (e.g. Albion) to add a closer dimension to the sound, so using this as sort of a first chair to add some dimension to the "farther back" libraries, and also layering with synth strings/samples... e.g. like James Newton Howard used to do.

The next thing I aim to do is to try writing a "proper" quartet/quintet as in some of the demos that Lukas has been posting.

There is so much to explore with PragueSounds solo Strings. I am very happy with my purchase!
Thanks for sharing your layering techniques.
Did JNH pass away?

No, JNH is still alive and well afaik! But I doubt if he uses that technique any more. When I first read of it it was in an old issue of Keyboard Magazine and back then he (and everyone else) was still using hardware samplers and synths.

Sequent wrote:No, JNH is still alive and well afaik! But I doubt if he uses that technique any more. When I first read of it it was in an old issue of Keyboard Magazine and back then he (and everyone else) was still using hardware samplers and synths.
Thanks for update. Glad he is ok.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”