What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

rebuild the myth - long funk(ish) piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRist

496 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Postby nasenmann; Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 am rebuild the myth - long funk(ish) piece

excuse the somewhat pretentious title :)

https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/rebuild-the-myth

haven't done anything near as lengthy in forever. but it seems to need the length...even though the last part is a bit barren. could have some more textures, but man i'm done with this for now. the f**ker took 30 mins to render...
KVRAF

6066 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:03 pm Re: rebuild the myth - long funk(ish) piece

Tasty workout. It sounds like some of those 'late '70s Jazz/Funk records I used to own, especially when the lead synth comes in around 3:40 . Nice job with the rhythm section too.

Good work :)
KVRist

496 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Postby nasenmann; Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:59 am Re: rebuild the myth - long funk(ish) piece

Hey seismic thanks for listening, glad u found it worthwhile.

I had a bit of a mini burn out with this tune after having worked on it for 3 or 4 nights.
Really dug it in between, but near the end overexposure kicked in.
Dunno, i was on a hiatus for so long that maybe i need to find my groove and some confidence before doing more expansive stuff. Maybe a couple more quick tunes i can finish in one or two sittings are in order.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe