Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

User avatar
DaMuh
KVRist
 
231 posts since 8 Dec, 2006, from Berlin

Postby DaMuh; Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 am Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

Been doing a lot of edm lately and needed a change ;)
It's not perfect but for midi only it's ok I guess - let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/damuh/hows-annie
experimental.crow
KVRAF
 
4950 posts since 9 Mar, 2003

Postby experimental.crow; Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 am Re: Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

DaMuh wrote:Been doing a lot of edm lately and needed a change ;)
It's not perfect but for midi only it's ok I guess - let me know what you think!



touches all the bases ...
admirably minimal , and a nice clear mix ...
Image
User avatar
DaMuh
KVRist
 
231 posts since 8 Dec, 2006, from Berlin

Postby DaMuh; Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:53 pm Re: Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

experimental.crow wrote:
DaMuh wrote:Been doing a lot of edm lately and needed a change ;)
It's not perfect but for midi only it's ok I guess - let me know what you think!



touches all the bases ...
admirably minimal , and a nice clear mix ...


thanks!
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
7293 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 pm Re: Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

Nice change of style for this one. Lounge music.....my lounge in particular.

Good work :)
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
3227 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:46 pm Re: Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

I think you generally succeeded on what you set out to do with this. It's well produced. The bass is quite nice. I get the impression that the piano is there more for atmosphere than melodically important.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
DaMuh
KVRist
 
231 posts since 8 Dec, 2006, from Berlin

Postby DaMuh; Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:23 am Re: Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

seismic1 wrote:Nice change of style for this one. Lounge music.....my lounge in particular.

Good work :)


Thanks bro! Great to hear you like it :)


Frantz wrote:I think you generally succeeded on what you set out to do with this. It's well produced. The bass is quite nice. I get the impression that the piano is there more for atmosphere than melodically important.


Yeah well I started out with the bassline which was rather quick and easy since I wanted it sticking to one note with a pitch bend sometimes for the major part.
The rest is just a one take improvisation so I didn't really think about melodic composition at all but instead rather just started playing. But of course you're right, the instruments besides the bass don't really add a melodic change to it but to me that was kind of the point as I imagined it more of a soundtrack kinda track. 8)

Thanks for the feedback!

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe