What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRian

536 posts since 19 Nov, 2006

Postby daniel_baum; Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:57 am A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

Hi all,

While doing my "homework" for a Gary Numan concert recently, I fell in love with this song, and, as sometimes happens when I get obsessed with a song, I decided to make a cover of it.

This is the result. Everything is either Access Virus TI or NI Maschine, except for the white noise sweeps, which are my Arturia Minibrute.

All credit for the song goes to Gary Numan, but the mistakes are mine alone.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/a-pra ... nborn-gary
KVRian

Postby daniel_baum; Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:13 am Re: A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

New version uploaded ...

D.
KVRAF

6461 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:20 pm Re: A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

It's a good cover, different enough to the original to retain my interest all the way through. The synths sounded good, and you did a good job on the vocals too.

Good work :)
KVRian

Postby daniel_baum; Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:14 pm Re: A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

KVRian

Postby daniel_baum; Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:20 am Re: A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

One more try...
KVRAF

2480 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm Re: A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

Seismic's comments are spot on. You took more liberties with the music here than the DM cover which is good. You gave this more of a classic Numan sound. The vocals are strong too. Good stuff. :tu:
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
KVRian

Postby daniel_baum; Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 pm Re: A Prayer for the Unborn - Gary Numan cover

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe