What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Elektrooh...boring. Breäks!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

nasenmann
KVRian

575 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Postby nasenmann; Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:28 pm Elektrooh...boring. Breäks!!!

https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/conflict-of-interest
started out with cheesy electronic. wasn't really digging it until about 1:30 when some fun ideas started to randomly show up.
uh well, i really like the middle part...but it's sitting in a weird place :lol:
Frantz
KVRAF

2637 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:06 pm Re: Elektrooh...boring. Breäks!!!

nasenmann wrote:https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/conflict-of-interest
started out with cheesy electronic. wasn't really digging it until about 1:30 when some fun ideas started to randomly show up.

Well, I liked it up until 1:30 then it turned into randomly sped up chipmunk techno. If you are getting bored with a track, my suggestion is to put it away for a while instead of weirding it up.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
nasenmann
KVRian

Postby nasenmann; Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:33 pm Re: Elektrooh...boring. Breäks!!!

:lol:
Reading your comment made me realise how much i channeled my 2004 music making spirit in this one. Now that's a guy i've been wanting to meet again, even if it's just for a couple laughs.

:tu:
seismic1
KVRAF

6598 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 pm Re: Elektrooh...boring. Breäks!!!

Acid/electro/breaks/chiptune mashup. My favourite sections were from 1:02-1:50 and 3:25 to the end. Ii really liked the soft arp that appeared in each of these sections. I thought 2:17-3:07 had a little of the caffeine OD factor both in terms of the sounds and the mix which seemed to turn "hazy" for a minute or so, maybe related to the percussion used in this section.

Good work :)
nasenmann
KVRian

Postby nasenmann; Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:24 pm Re: Elektrooh...boring. Breäks!!!

Thanks for the comments!

It's funny, i wouldn't consider the tune worthwhile without the 1:30-3:10 section, even though it's implemented dysfunctionally. It makes me actually like the electro that sandwiches it.

You're right about the sound getting hazier there, it's a pretty noisy classic break to begin with. I tried to counteract it by layering some parts with the drum machine that plays the rest of the track. Could've cleared it up with harsher EQ or a different break but i ended up finding it alright.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe