What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

any1particular
KVRian

946 posts since 12 Mar, 2008, from Detriot Michigan USA

Postby any1particular; Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 pm Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

OK. So I bought the Strymon BigSky a few days ago 03-8-14. Wow! What a stellar sounding pedal! It's just soooooooooo fabulous! This totally original track was totally inspired by it. I recorded direct with the pedal. There are only 2 tracks of acoustic guitar-performed in real time. And a percussion loop track. And a drum track that I programmed-super simple. And bass triggered via my guitar and Fishman's Triple Play midi guitar pick up.

Hey-is the bass too loud? Any suggestions on the mix etc?

https://soundcloud.com/chucksilva/cool-beans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s0NMNhbZ8U

Thanks for listening. :)
polyslax
KVRAF

8059 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:38 pm Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Sweet! You're so smooth Chuck, and that BigSky sure sounds pretty. :tu:

Video was great too, not at all narcissistic, looks like you're having a great time.
Image Image
thomekk
KVRAF

2218 posts since 3 May, 2003, from Germany

Postby thomekk; Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:25 pm Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Very cool and enjoyable smooth. The reverb sounds really good.
any1particular
KVRian

Postby any1particular; Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:56 pm Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

polyslax wrote:Sweet! You're so smooth Chuck, and that BigSky sure sounds pretty. :tu:

Video was great too, not at all narcissistic, looks like you're having a great time.

Matt.....you're so awesome..... Your words just always seem so authentic ...thank you
any1particular
KVRian

Postby any1particular; Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 pm Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

thomekk wrote:Very cool and enjoyable smooth. The reverb sounds really good.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and your support Thomekk.
Frantz
KVRAF

2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:37 pm Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Your playing is always tasteful. I enjoy hearing your light, jazzy touch.

The mix sounds pretty good as it stands. The sound of the drum loop could be improved but the guitar and bass both sound nice and that's what counts for this piece.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
any1particular
KVRian

Postby any1particular; Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Frantz wrote:Your playing is always tasteful. I enjoy hearing your light, jazzy touch.

The mix sounds pretty good as it stands. The sound of the drum loop could be improved but the guitar and bass both sound nice and that's what counts for this piece.

Yeah Frantz. I know what you mean about that percussion loop. It just sounds weird-doesn't really fit? I don't know what to do with it?

Actually I dropped it into Ableton and starting grooving with it and that's how the track came to be-it's based on that rhythm.....

Thanks for posting... :tu:
Frantz
KVRAF

2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

any1particular wrote:Yeah Frantz. I know what you mean about that percussion loop. It just sounds weird-doesn't really fit? I don't know what to do with it?

The percussion loop is fine for what it is. It works in the background and keeps the focus on the guitars.

If you wanted to get better, more realistic drums, you could consider something like Superior Drummer which was used recently in this Music Cafe track. Superior Drummer is a library of drum patterns recorded by pro drummers in a good studio.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
seismic1
KVRAF

6863 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 pm Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

I didn't mind the percussion really. I thought It had a nice light feel that fitted the vibe of the track.

The guitar sounded wonderful, Chuck. Both the reverb and the tone generally. It reminded me of some of Pat Metheny's '80s recordings. Very clear and smooth.

The track itself was fantastic. Great melodies and smooth sounding chords. I really enjoyed it. I think it's probably my favourite track of yours. The mix was very good too.

Coo video.

Good work :tu:
sbj
KVRist

495 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:50 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Awesome :clap:
Off to check out some more of your stuff.

Cheers :tu:
vurt said: "the world sucks, doesnt stop it spinning."
Sound C loud
Band C amp
If You Like To Watch
wavephonic
KVRian

1110 posts since 10 Sep, 2006, from along the rivers edge in northern Ontario

Postby wavephonic; Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

nice to hear and see something actually being played around here, sometimes everything can seem like a maschine drum demo, lol.
great sound, I'm sure that influenced your playing, which really hit the spot for me with that groove.
my markley lost picking up one end for some reason so I've ordered a seymour duncan woody with adjustable contacts, can wait
any1particular
KVRian

Postby any1particular; Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:08 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

seismic1 wrote:I didn't mind the percussion really. I thought It had a nice light feel that fitted the vibe of the track.

The guitar sounded wonderful, Chuck. Both the reverb and the tone generally. It reminded me of some of Pat Metheny's '80s recordings. Very clear and smooth.

The track itself was fantastic. Great melodies and smooth sounding chords. I really enjoyed it. I think it's probably my favourite track of yours. The mix was very good too.

Coo video.

Good work :tu:

Thanks so much Tim! You THE man!

Um....I couldn't help get a CHUCKle out of this-

....your interests....

Soccer, King Crimson, Home Recording, recursion, race conditions, entrapment????

FUNny!
any1particular
KVRian

Postby any1particular; Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:10 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

sbj wrote:Awesome :clap:
Off to check out some more of your stuff.

Cheers :tu:

Thanks for posting sbj! I'm checking your stuff now-veryyyyyyyy INTERESTING! :)
any1particular
KVRian

Postby any1particular; Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:15 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

wavephonic wrote:nice to hear and see something actually being played around here, sometimes everything can seem like a maschine drum demo, lol.
great sound, I'm sure that influenced your playing, which really hit the spot for me with that groove.
my markley lost picking up one end for some reason so I've ordered a seymour duncan woody with adjustable contacts, can wait

Thanks for the reply wavephonic (don't see a name?) Regarding the music here on KVR....I think it is more of a place for computer musicians to hang out? I personlly find it very interesting.

I'm listening to your music now-c00l!

I know what you mean about getting a 'good' sound. It has been a lifelong mystery to me-this must be why there are sooooooooooo many products on the market. I hope your seymour duncans work out for you!

Thanks again. :)
mkastrup
KVRian

1110 posts since 4 Aug, 2004, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby mkastrup; Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:47 am Re: Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

There is so much of your music on soundcloud that i can relate to, not one thing came out odd to me. I've been listening to ALL trakcs :) Insta bookmark for me :hyper:

Thanks for the music Chuck :)

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe