Live Acoustic SmoothJazz Guitar Vid w/Strymon BigSky

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK. So I bought the Strymon BigSky a few days ago 03-8-14. Wow! What a stellar sounding pedal! It's just soooooooooo fabulous! This totally original track was totally inspired by it. I recorded direct with the pedal. There are only 2 tracks of acoustic guitar-performed in real time. And a percussion loop track. And a drum track that I programmed-super simple. And bass triggered via my guitar and Fishman's Triple Play midi guitar pick up.

Hey-is the bass too loud? Any suggestions on the mix etc?

https://soundcloud.com/chucksilva/cool-beans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s0NMNhbZ8U

Thanks for listening. :)

Sweet! You're so smooth Chuck, and that BigSky sure sounds pretty. :tu:

Video was great too, not at all narcissistic, looks like you're having a great time.
Image Image

Very cool and enjoyable smooth. The reverb sounds really good.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

polyslax wrote:Sweet! You're so smooth Chuck, and that BigSky sure sounds pretty. :tu:

Video was great too, not at all narcissistic, looks like you're having a great time.
Matt.....you're so awesome..... Your words just always seem so authentic ...thank you

thomekk wrote:Very cool and enjoyable smooth. The reverb sounds really good.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and your support Thomekk.

Your playing is always tasteful. I enjoy hearing your light, jazzy touch.

The mix sounds pretty good as it stands. The sound of the drum loop could be improved but the guitar and bass both sound nice and that's what counts for this piece.

Frantz wrote:Your playing is always tasteful. I enjoy hearing your light, jazzy touch.

The mix sounds pretty good as it stands. The sound of the drum loop could be improved but the guitar and bass both sound nice and that's what counts for this piece.
Yeah Frantz. I know what you mean about that percussion loop. It just sounds weird-doesn't really fit? I don't know what to do with it?

Actually I dropped it into Ableton and starting grooving with it and that's how the track came to be-it's based on that rhythm.....

Thanks for posting... :tu:

any1particular wrote: Yeah Frantz. I know what you mean about that percussion loop. It just sounds weird-doesn't really fit? I don't know what to do with it?
The percussion loop is fine for what it is. It works in the background and keeps the focus on the guitars.

If you wanted to get better, more realistic drums, you could consider something like Superior Drummer which was used recently in this Music Cafe track. Superior Drummer is a library of drum patterns recorded by pro drummers in a good studio.

I didn't mind the percussion really. I thought It had a nice light feel that fitted the vibe of the track.

The guitar sounded wonderful, Chuck. Both the reverb and the tone generally. It reminded me of some of Pat Metheny's '80s recordings. Very clear and smooth.

The track itself was fantastic. Great melodies and smooth sounding chords. I really enjoyed it. I think it's probably my favourite track of yours. The mix was very good too.

Coo video.

Good work :tu:

Awesome :clap:
Off to check out some more of your stuff.

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

nice to hear and see something actually being played around here, sometimes everything can seem like a maschine drum demo, lol.
great sound, I'm sure that influenced your playing, which really hit the spot for me with that groove.
my markley lost picking up one end for some reason so I've ordered a seymour duncan woody with adjustable contacts, can wait

seismic1 wrote:I didn't mind the percussion really. I thought It had a nice light feel that fitted the vibe of the track.

The guitar sounded wonderful, Chuck. Both the reverb and the tone generally. It reminded me of some of Pat Metheny's '80s recordings. Very clear and smooth.

The track itself was fantastic. Great melodies and smooth sounding chords. I really enjoyed it. I think it's probably my favourite track of yours. The mix was very good too.

Coo video.

Good work :tu:
Thanks so much Tim! You THE man!

Um....I couldn't help get a CHUCKle out of this-

....your interests....

Soccer, King Crimson, Home Recording, recursion, race conditions, entrapment????

FUNny!

sbj wrote:Awesome :clap:
Off to check out some more of your stuff.

Cheers :tu:
Thanks for posting sbj! I'm checking your stuff now-veryyyyyyyy INTERESTING! :)

wavephonic wrote:nice to hear and see something actually being played around here, sometimes everything can seem like a maschine drum demo, lol.
great sound, I'm sure that influenced your playing, which really hit the spot for me with that groove.
my markley lost picking up one end for some reason so I've ordered a seymour duncan woody with adjustable contacts, can wait
Thanks for the reply wavephonic (don't see a name?) Regarding the music here on KVR....I think it is more of a place for computer musicians to hang out? I personlly find it very interesting.

I'm listening to your music now-c00l!

I know what you mean about getting a 'good' sound. It has been a lifelong mystery to me-this must be why there are sooooooooooo many products on the market. I hope your seymour duncans work out for you!

Thanks again. :)

There is so much of your music on soundcloud that i can relate to, not one thing came out odd to me. I've been listening to ALL trakcs :) Insta bookmark for me :hyper:

Thanks for the music Chuck :)

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Return to “Music Cafe”