Quirkwork

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think that beat is really doing the track any favours. Sure, maybe you don't want the drums to be a focal point, but then why use the massive 909 kit? I dono, it just kinda killed an otherwise interesting track to me. Giving the rhythm track a background element, like some hats or shakers, would help me get into it more.

The guitar chords in the A section also felt a bit flat as well. Maybe some FX and layering to pick out certain notes or just fill the sound out a bit more?

You know me, I tend to prefer mid-to-maximalism, so take my advice with a pinch of salt. I much preferred the B section with the subtle resonant poker and the heavier sounds.

Interesting you started out with a minor and then major chord on the same root. I've been playing around with mixing up major and minor as well, it's quite a quirky sound.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Howdy! Thanks soo much for the constructive and apreciated feedback
The kick is not a 909 but drumatic3 which has been my personal sin for years
I`ll make a lighter version of this if i find the time.
I`ll add more velocity layers to the chords then to. this was put together in an hour :-)
Proly some sort of attention span desorder and i`m very happy that everyone suffers from it so i seem to fit in perfectly nowadays :-)

hug

p.s. minor major ...yep and augmented and any tonal system without thinking too much about the theory behind it all ;-)

Return to “Music Cafe”