Drum mmachine problem!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Ive downloaded bitwig 1.02 demo and have a problem with the drum machine. Some kicks, not all of them , sound as if they are filtered. There is no transient. But when i prelisten them in browser everything is cool. Am i the only one having this problem?

I'm getting this same exact issue! Some sound like they were pitched down also. I guess its just one of those bugs we need to report.

Have you tried increasing the AEG Release value? The default seems to be too short.

polsab wrote:Have you tried increasing the AEG Release value? The default seems to be too short.

I just did and still get the same results.

JunoSynth wrote:I'm getting this same exact issue! Some sound like they were pitched down also. I guess its just one of those bugs we need to report.
Exactly!

don't know if it is same issue but sometimes sampler is not fixed pitch and looped.
try turning off left cornor piano mark and loop function.

nexttrack30

its off by the default.

bump

I was just about to start a post about this same issue. The exact same kick wav file placed in the 'Drum Machine' container loses quite a bit of high frequency content compared to both the preview in the browser pane and the kick wav file dragged to an audio track. Something in the 'Drum Machine' is off indeed.

Has this been reported to the team?

Just added half a second of 'silence' before the kick and loaded the new sample in the 'Drum Machine'.
Sounds perfect now. They must be applying some "fade in" to the samples in the 'Drum Machine' that in the case of a kick takes away its 'tick'.

I'll report my findings to the devs

Yea I've noticed a similar thing, I think it's something to do with the 'short fades' they implemented to stop clipping when slicing up audio. Seems like they're being applied where they shouldn't. They also don't seem to be constant in length - I've found some kicks (sampled and drum machined) seem to vary in sound slightly when playing them looped. Enough to be noticeable.

Just played around a bit with the loop settings to get a feeling for how much 1 ms is w.r.t. my kick waveform in the drum machine. And it turns out it's more than enough to take away the kick's tick.

The AEG which is always applied to the sample has a minimum attack of 1 ms. So I'm almost 100% sure this is the cause of the problem. The minimum attack in my opinion should simply be 0 ms.

yeah, really. attack minimum is 1ms. in ableton's simpler its 0. why to do it this way?

bump

Return to “Bitwig”