Can you create templates?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Asked this over in the general discussion thread but no one knew, so asking here

Can you create templates and have a default template on startup? I was just wondering if you couldn't due to the restriction of no saving in the demo or if this feature just wasnt there. Skimmed the manual and didnt see anything there either

At this point I don't think there is template functionality. Not 100% sure, though.
... space is the place ...

No but you can save projects that are "templates". works for me. And it loads in ~1 second. In Ableton my template takes like 2-3 mins to load. Such a nice breath of fresh air there. Just make sure after you start working with it you save it as something else.

owensands wrote:No but you can save projects that are "templates". works for me. And it loads in ~1 second. In Ableton my template takes like 2-3 mins to load. Such a nice breath of fresh air there.
So can you set a project that loads by default on startup? I mean thats basically the same thing ableton does, a template is just a live set/project that it loads by default. So if you can just specify a project to load by default Id say that would be basically the same thing as setting a template

No default project on startup or templates. The workaround is to just save projects as templates, open bitwig, then open that project. It would be nice to have a default project or template feature.

Its really not needed but yes it would be nice. Id rather have a the other plethora of bugs fixed first. Also I never liked how ableton did it. I would like to be prompted like cubase to load any number of templates I have saved. But its really just the same as saving your own and loading them except you have to remember to save it as a different name so you don't overwrite them.

Well its nice not to have to remember each time. I'd hope they also bring in track type defaults, ie I like having all my tracks default to having an eq with the lows cut by default a little on each track I make

Obviously it wouldn't take precedence over bug fixes, that would be dumb at this point but its definitely a nice feature if you find yourself doing the same thing every time

Can bitwig just ask us what we choose to open first before automatically launching a blank project every time we start it up yet?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

owensands wrote:Its really not needed but yes it would be nice. Id rather have a the other plethora of bugs fixed first. Also I never liked how ableton did it. I would like to be prompted like cubase to load any number of templates I have saved. But its really just the same as saving your own and loading them except you have to remember to save it as a different name so you don't overwrite them.
Yeah Ableton's default project feature sucked. You could only choose one to have as default project. Cubase is way better here as it allows you to save projects as a template, and choose from any of them when you create a new project.

Ideally I'd like a combination of both - a default project and templates. So if I just click file > new, it loads the default template. But if I click file > open(or open template), then I get to choose from my saved templates.

haven't checked here in awhile, has this been implemented yet in Bitwig? One of the things that made me hold off was the lack of my own start up template, Is it possible to load my own template upon launch? Just curious if this is possible yet?

thanks
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:haven't checked here in awhile, has this been implemented yet in Bitwig? One of the things that made me hold off was the lack of my own start up template, Is it possible to load my own template upon launch? Just curious if this is possible yet?

thanks
nope not implemented yet. Seems like it would be a nice easy quick win on bitwig devs to implement though. Im thinking folks would love to have this. Myself included.

Thanks, I'll check back next year to see if any changes have been made. Seems like an easy fix.but strangely the option to load ones own desired projects upon LAUNCHING the DAW is still not an option with their latest demo. Thanks for confirming. Little things can make a lot of difference. :tu:
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

You can make "templates" and protect them in your OS-browser. Than paste this "templates" to your dock (or how its named on your os).
Open this instead the regular BWS-Alias and you will get your "template" as start-point. You can now save this under a new name - your "template" will always keep intact.

But there is already a bug - you can do that stunt (and it will correctly save your "template" to a new file), but sometimes you cannot close BWS in the regular way after doing this, or open another song.... . You need the "panic" (cmd+alt+esc) to close BWS.

So yeah, "there is" a def- or template songs, and it/they work, but maybe BWS not even more after using this.

BWS has its child-deseases, but even with this - its the smartest DAW i´ve ever used. Its on you to decide how "inacceptable" some "bugs" are for you. I can live with most child-deseases, cause i get it on other points more than 2-times repaid. But i´am me and you are you!

marcoskohler wrote:No default project on startup or templates. The workaround is to just save projects as templates, open bitwig, then open that project. It would be nice to have a default project or template feature.
why first start bitwig? just doubleclick the template song you've created and you'd be good to go...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:why first start bitwig? just doubleclick the template song you've created and you'd be good to go...
Very good idea also brok landers. Thanks guys for this thread. I was looking for a template feature, and thought I was missing something. No big deal that Bitwig doesn't have a template feature. Maybe they'll add it in the future.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Bitwig”