Bookmarks - how do I delete them?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've added a few favourites folders to bookmarks, but I can't work out how to delete one I don't want. I'd expect to be able to right click and have a menu that has delete on it, but right click does nothing.

Any ideas?

I can't delete my bookmarks either. If you click the bookmarks folder on the top pane, and then right-click the bookmark on the bottom pane, there is a command to delete it. However it doesn't do anything. The bookmarks can not be removed. (I'm on OSX Mavericks)

so is this a bug?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:so is this a bug?
Sounds like it.

I must be blind. What bookmarks are you guys talking about? Do you mean the Browser?
It's all about the music

bassicdj wrote:I must be blind. What bookmarks are you guys talking about? Do you mean the Browser?
Yes you set bookmarks in the browser.

Probably they forgot to add a option to remove it...... :ud:

Those aren't bookmarks. They are actual folders on your hard drive. To remove them you could delete them from your hard drive, move them from a folder that is already added, or just make sure the folder isn't added in the first place.

What makes you think they are bookmarks? Because no where have I seen anything that calls them that.
It's all about the music

bassicdj wrote:Those aren't bookmarks. They are actual folders on your hard drive. To remove them you could delete them from your hard drive, move them from a folder that is already added, or just make sure the folder isn't added in the first place.

What makes you think they are bookmarks? Because no where have I seen anything that calls them that.
No they are bookmarks.

Look at the Files section in the browser, you will see Bookmarks second from the top. You can right click on any file or folder in the file browser and select 'Add to bookmarks', and it will add it to the bookmarks at the top of the file browser.

Ok, somehow we lost "removing bookmarks" along the way... will be back in full glory soon! ;-)

dom@bitwig wrote:Ok, somehow we lost "removing bookmarks" along the way... will be back in full glory soon! ;-)
Thanks Dom. :)

dom@bitwig wrote:Ok, somehow we lost "removing bookmarks" along the way... will be back in full glory soon! ;-)
That's what I'm talking about.... :tu:

Ok I see it know. Nobody mentioned the Files tab. I never even noticed that folder before. Good to know it's there.
It's all about the music

So am I correct that the only way to have a custom folder structure of your own presets is here in the files tab? And to save there you need to drag the device there right? Hitting save only saves under the specific device I guess and you can't organize them there into any directory structure.

I would much rather choose which folders are displayed in each tab.
It's all about the music

Return to “Bitwig”