Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

9623 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 am Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

It's spring in Bavaria, sun is shining, people are moving their dancing feet and Tricky-Loops is on a love mission...

...and proudly presents his new song:

https://soundcloud.com/tricky-loops/were-on-a-love-mission

Comments welcome, as always! :)

(And, yes, I made the drop myself, I didn't ask Avicii! :P)
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

I hope I'm not the only one who is on a love mission! :P
murnau
KVRAF

3302 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Zeppelinhaupttribüne

Postby murnau; Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:38 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Tricky-Loops wrote:I hope I'm not the only one who is on a love mission! :P

i just turned asexual a minute ago! :love:
"Robmobius wrote:
Yes, fear this chaps mental agility... As his insults render us into oblivion.
Turello
KVRAF

2820 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Me too but now listen...
thomekk
KVRAF

2227 posts since 3 May, 2003, from Germany

Postby thomekk; Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:50 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

It would be interesting who else is on a love mission. Please just start a poll :lol:
This has spring vibe and I like the dubbish feel it has. The vocals with the reverb-clothes show some bizarreness at places but what the heck - so is the love mission :)
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:00 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

@ thomekk

Thanks for the feedback. Some vocals sound a bit (love-)drunken but that's intentional. I always try to mix strange (i. e. funny) sounding things with hi-fi sounds, that's my Tricky-Loops "comic" style... :D
CableChannel
KVRAF

1705 posts since 14 Mar, 2013, from Germany

Postby CableChannel; Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:03 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

I thought the term was "missionary" :D
|
|
| Win7 64 bit | Cubase7.0.6 64 bit
|
Turello
KVRAF

Postby Turello; Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:05 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

LISTEN: I assume that this is House Music, you know, I am ignorant on the subject but it is pleasant and positive feelings and this is very important ... BRAVO! :clap:

Suggestion: turn up the volume to the voice (portala aventi, in primo piano) and make the reverse delays\reverbs (i think) more subtle and wide, the drum is a little weak IMO (remember me that compilations called Montecarlo Nights) but since I am a rock guitarist may be that I'm saying bullshit, il master va bene cosi non troppo compresso, ha un flavour un po JAAAZZZ! :tu:

PS: You're not making Hip Hop??? :x
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:25 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

@ Turello

Yes, it's romantic house music...and that's why I wanted a pretty deep kick (which I even layered with a sub kick made with a synth) and not those punchy plastic kicks like in trance music. The vocals are already sidechained, I didn't want to make them TOO prominent...

Regarding mastering, I pushed my other songs harder - made them louder - but in this case - as it's labeled as "romantic", I didn't want to make it sound like death metal... :hihi:

Hiphop - I only listen to it once in a while. Most times I listen to some world music or electronic house/lounge/chill-out music. But if I'd found an intelligent rapper with intelligent lyrics, I'd be open for a collaboration (I can rap myself but I'm not that great in it). I just don't like all this cheap yo-motherf**ker-f**k-y'all-gangsta sh*t... :x

(I prefer intelligent, funny music from Caparezza & Co.!)
Turello
KVRAF

Postby Turello; Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:39 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

I'm a little dissappointed you're not a Gngst... :'( (so I can't kidding you!)

But serious: Pardon, Unfortunately I do not know to distinguish between house, trance etc etc ... it's not my world... sorry, but my taste like genuine things, as this!

the master is perfect as it is, a little "Jazzy" if you allow me the word

understand brotha, yo brotha!!! ahahahaha! :-D

Sincere Congratulations!
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:53 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Turello wrote:But serious: Pardon, Unfortunately I do not know to distinguish between house, trance etc etc ... it's not my world...
I forgot to add that sometimes I even listen to rock, grunge and punk music. I LOVE bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Rammstein and The White Stripes. And Electropunk, DAF for example, or Chicks on Speed as well as EBM and Industrial! :love:

What I don't like is Death Metal & Screamocore with guitars which sound like a lawn mower with power amp! :x
Turello
KVRAF

Postby Turello; Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:07 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Oh, gut gut, i listen all the bands you have mentioned (Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft, reminds me of past high school time, quanti ricordi!!!) and a tons of World Music (Senegal, Son de Cuba, Celtic Music)... I don't like Death at all, my vocabolary start at A and End just at Slayer! ;-)

Hope to listen your song on radio!

PS: actually in the guise of Bavarian gngst you were not so credible but at least there are someone who knows how to make fun (not so serious) :-D ;-)
CableChannel
KVRAF

1705 posts since 14 Mar, 2013, from Germany

Postby CableChannel; Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:11 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Tricky-Loops wrote: What I don't like is Death Metal & Screamocore with guitars which sound like a lawn mower with power amp! :x

You just described the perfect death metal guitar sound! :D I loved that lawn mower sound a lot in my youth. Today I don't listen to metal much, but when I do, I pick a song with lawn mower sound :)
|
|
| Win7 64 bit | Cubase7.0.6 64 bit
|
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:41 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

CableChannel wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote: What I don't like is Death Metal & Screamocore with guitars which sound like a lawn mower with power amp! :x

You just described the perfect death metal guitar sound! :D I loved that lawn mower sound a lot in my youth. Today I don't listen to metal much, but when I do, I pick a song with lawn mower sound :)
You're not the only one. I guess most KVR people are guitarists who listened to rock & metal in their youth.

When I was in my teens, I listened mostly to Funk & Soul and Eurodance stuff (Snap!, Culture Beat, Twenty 4 Seven, Sven Väth etc.). I was a big fan of the Radio 2Day in Munich in the late 80ies/early 90ies. Unfortunately they changed their program completely and now they only play the rock classics from the 70ies to the 90ies... :x

OMG, I forgot to add that I'm a HUGE fan of New Wave music, too! :love:

And I like people who play guitar like a synthesizer, for example Carlos Santana... :)
Frantz
KVRAF

3271 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 pm Re: Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Good tune Tricky! It has an upbeat, house vibe circa the late 80s.

I think the mix could be improved. It sounds strange to me with lots of reverb and effects and little direct sound.

(I love DAF by the way.)
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe