Feature Request: Show in Finder

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the project panel there is an option to "open containing folder." Would it be possible to get this option on the right click menu for audio clips in the arrange or launcher? A key command would be even better.

This is especially necessary as the project panel does not automatically highlight whatever audio clip you have selected in the project so it can be very difficult to track down where some random pieces of bounced audio live on your hard drive.

Wow, I was just trying to do this exact thing.

please add a right click menu for show in finder.

Would the project panel - Used Files - External be of help there?
It only shows the project files and has a show containing folder menu.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Would the project panel - Used Files - External be of help there?
It only shows the project files and has a show containing folder menu.

Cheers,

Tom
That definitely helps. Took me a bit to find it and I didnt know that function existed as I rarely go down to the bottom right of the GUI. Thanks Tom :tu:

I think it would be great to have it as a right click show in finder as well, this way the sample could be highlighted. As it is now, I have to search through my giant samples folder to find it. Bit painfull when Im looking for snare.wav :dog:

Actually what we be even better is if there could be a 'show in Bitwig browser' This way we could audition the samples with the project.

Good Idea - maybe a FR to tech-support? ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Id love this feature!
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

+1 ... seems like a simple addition but big value
Everything's spinning.

ThomasHelzle wrote:Good Idea - maybe a FR to tech-support? ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

Wow, we're stupid. Just got this email from tech support
already there. called "open containing folder".
You just have to be sure to right-click an audio event within a clip, as a clip can contain multiple different files.

Cheers,
Dom
Everything's spinning.

Interesting - seems a bit hidden but I get the point with the different files in a clip.

Cool! Learn something new every day ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

buhrmi wrote:Wow, we're stupid. Just got this email from tech support
already there. called "open containing folder".
You just have to be sure to right-click an audio event within a clip, as a clip can contain multiple different files.

Cheers,
Dom
this does not work for me.

https://copy.com/cYrvLe8sviBzb3Vm

Looking at project files works fine though.

Try 1.1...

atm it only works when right-clicking samples inside the browser.

a 'show in containing folder/finder' and 'show in browser' when right-clicking the file in any window would be nice...

Return to “Bitwig”