Atlantis Awakening - Vocal world/electronic fusion, concept album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all, I'm very proud to announce the release of my wife Jillian Aversa's third solo album, Atlantis Awakening, which I produced and co-wrote! This was a monumental effort for us that we worked on over the course of 6 years, and completed with the help of a successful Kickstarter campaign.

The album is inspired by the legend of Atlantis and tells a tale of a woman in modern times who has visions of the long-lost civilization. Musically, the style could be compared to artists like Lisbeth Scott or Loreena McKennitt, but with more electronic elements in addition to the world-influenced textures.

You can listen to the whole thing and purchase on Bandcamp...

http://jillianaversa.bandcamp.com/album ... -awakening

Or listen to the Soundcloud set:

http://soundcloud.com/jillian-aversa/se ... awakening/

The album is inspired by the legend of Atlantis and tells a tale of a

On the technical side, Jillian did all the vocal arrangement and engineering while I did the technical work on the instrumentals (though she was by my side the entire time as the 'executive' producer, so to speak!) Besides lots of virtual instruments and sample libraries we worked with a number of talented musicians like Tina Guo (cello), Malukah (vocals), Jeff Ball (violin), Sandro Friedrich (duduk), the Philadelphia Boys Choir and Mens Chorale, Doug Perry (percussion) and Joe Zieja (acoustic guitar), among others. Plus, the track "Will o' the Wisp" was actually co-written with Grammy-award winning composer Christopher Tin, a wonderful collaboration!

We could not be more proud of the results, and I hope you all will enjoy the music as well :-) Thanks in advance for listening!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Music Cafe”