Pre-roll for clips?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not implemented yet... global pre-roll is not working for clips only for the arrangement.
Maybe Claes or Dominik has an idea if it's a bug or a feature?

yes, it's not implemented...
very strange...

Hmmm.... how are people recording realtime to clips without a pre-roll? It' for me the most needed feature :(

In the meantime you could record to the arranger and then drag and drop onto clips, tedious but works

I'm loving the Wig. Such a bright future, but i hope this is an oversight they are aware of. Recording is quite fundamental, I;m sure 90% of time, people are going to want a pre-roll on the clip launcher record.

You'll get pre roll working for recording clips,
if you press the global record button before you press the clip record button.

But I agree, this is annoying me a lot too.
This has been discussed on other threads,
I consider the solution above is only a workaround.
Music

Well, I think we all do agree some basic (Live) features are missing atm. Makes me wonder; maybe Ableton and BW have some kind of agreement; that BW will not implement 'certain' Live features in their DAW too fast, so that Ableton has time to think of their own improvements factually. It makes sense; some of these features are regarded to live recording. It seems to me Bitwig will become more a tool to compose music -such as FL; which has a low learning curve when it comes to create stuff 'on the fly' electronically. I guess Live will keep on specializing itself for the purpose of live recording/performing -because it will look a bit silly if Live will follow BW in their next upgrade concerning the use of electronical stuff, I guess. I mean.. Live already is so packed with features.. and BW has the same 'trouble'; IF they will implement ALL Live features in BW, it will make demands regarded to its workflow, the one way or the other. After all it is an application. So I guess Live will be further developed as its name suggests and BW will specialize directed to the use of creative studio tools and towards studio production. My two cents.

We just talk about clip recording pre-roll ...
If it's not in Bitwig before 6 months, then you were right, and I can't use Bws without that.
Music

Plus for those of us who use an SND Acme to generate midi clock, a bar of pre-roll is always needed before anything that is synced starts playing :)

4damind wrote:Hmmm.... how are people recording realtime to clips without a pre-roll? It' for me the most needed feature :(
I agree , daft omission.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Need this badder than a hog needs slop. I though i was missing a step when I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.

Same problem! NO PRE-ROLL FOR RECORDING CLIPS!

Work with clips simply impossible. This urgent need to fix in the next version! Without this feature, I do not buy the program. Developers, please answer whether this function in the next update.

This is all I ask. Will gladly buy the software when it is usable in this fashion, "not pay then hope"
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

I really want to love BWS but I'm seriously missing this feature. I bought it... and I HOPE I don't regret it. Among other things, PLEASE fix this. I'm very surprised this was not right from the beginning. It makes working with clips (half the app), almost unusable if you actually record in parts instead of drawing them in. Some deeper features than other DAWs but then this is missing? Scratching my head here. Could someone from BWS comment on this? If this something this simple doesn't get fixed soon I'm not sure how much more time I would invest....

It would be nice in general to know what bugs and missing features you plan to address. I don't need an exact time but just to know that you are working on it and realize that it's an oversight would be nice! Should I keep trying to get into this?? Would it be so wrong to communicate what's coming down the pipeline and approximately when? I appreciate the bugs that were already fixed quickly so I do have hope, and you guys SEEM to be listening. What would be the downside of letting us know what you're working on?

Thanks....I think!?

Yeah. Another head scratcher.

Return to “Bitwig”