Bitwig needs these things fixed ASAP!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1.) Make the Piano Roll similar to that of FL Studio's. No one can still get this right except Image-Line. Please download a demo of FL Studio and learn.

2.) I still can't audition notes while moving them around in the piano roll when experimenting with ideas. Even Ableton allowed me to do this....

already 1.0.6 and Bitwig's team ignores the obvious solutions.. pathetic

entraik wrote:1.) Make the Piano Roll similar to that of FL Studio's. No one can still get this right except Image-Line. Please download a demo of FL Studio and learn.
+1000,000
2.) I still can't audition notes while moving them around in the piano roll when experimenting with ideas. Even Ableton allowed me to do this....
Works fine here. Although it only works in vertical movement, not horizontal.
Make sure you have this button ON.

By the way, still running 1.0.5 here.

entraik wrote:1.) Make the Piano Roll similar to that of FL Studio's. No one can still get this right except Image-Line. Please download a demo of FL Studio and learn.
they are probably not just gonna replace all piano roll behavior with FL studio behavior, so if you say what you want specifically I think you'd have a better chance of getting what you want.

Regnas wrote:
Works fine here. Although it only works in vertical movement, not horizontal.
Make sure you have this button ON.

By the way, still running 1.0.5 here.
If you drag a note with the mouse up and down it auditions... if you use the up/down arrow keys, then it does not audition

also, if you use the octave up or down buttons it does not audition

and changing a notes velocity does not audition either

I wold like to see the note letters stated more clear, not just on the left info panel. They would be much better either on a pop up when I drag it or on the notes themselves. The reason it needs to be more clear is that it's very hard to make chords or double up octaves when you can't see the notes. when I want to double and octave I have to drag down the whole pattern and count 12 steps while it do it. It's a lot more work and not as friendly for coming up with creative songwriting. I would even settle for them being on the piano keys. Something....anything more than what they are now would help.

@ mrmatt: Well, I think you want this:

You mean this? It's exactly the same.

Edit: Btw to get this view, all you have to do is click and drag left on the piano roll. It would be nice if this would be set as a default view.

pdxindy wrote: If you drag a note with the mouse up and down it auditions... if you use the up/down arrow keys, then it does not audition

also, if you use the octave up or down buttons it does not audition

and changing a notes velocity does not audition either
these are must.
plus i want to hear it just clicking existing note.

for me, piano roll, layered editing is 2nd important thing to fix and make perfect next to crashing daw.
since it is THE BEGINNING OF CREATION! :evil: :harp: :pray: :hail:
you have workarounds with vsts and such but there is only 1 piano roll for daw.
so i hope they prioritize piano roll,layered editing fix but that's just me.

mrmatt wrote:I wold like to see the note letters stated more clear, not just on the left info panel. They would be much better either on a pop up when I drag it or on the notes themselves. The reason it needs to be more clear is that it's very hard to make chords or double up octaves when you can't see the notes. when I want to double and octave I have to drag down the whole pattern and count 12 steps while it do it. It's a lot more work and not as friendly for coming up with creative songwriting. I would even settle for them being on the piano keys. Something....anything more than what they are now would help.
i agree on more clear note letters.
you can change octave by shift+ up/down arrow.

As I said, if you click on the piano roll and drag left - it wideness the view displaying all the note names and even displays the note names within the midi notes - as demonstrated in my pic.

Orga wrote:You mean this? It's exactly the same.

Edit: Btw to get this view, all you have to do is click and drag left on the piano roll. It would be nice if this would be set as a default view.
yes they should show note letters even when it is most small zoom.

nexttrack30 wrote:
Orga wrote:You mean this? It's exactly the same.

yes they should show note letters even when it is most small zoom.
it is too small to see then...

Being able to audition with the arrow keys is CRITICAL lol. I think Bitwig forgot to take laptop users who work with just the laptop into consideration. Not everyone works with a midi controller and mouse. And YES, please make the piano roll more like FL's. I don't see how they have been working on a DAW this long and have overlooked what many users have wanted for the longest time. Seriously annoying.

already 1.0.6 and Bitwig's team ignores the obvious solutions.. pathetic

+1 No one has yet managed to make a midi editor as refined as FL, do your selves a favor and copy it, then maybe see if you can improve upon it from there...but you can't go wrong doing things the way they have....it's tried and true.

Bitwig's GUI + FL's piano roll AND step sequencer, it would be the best DAW in the world!

Oh yeah.....

Return to “Bitwig”