Machine Force - Electronic.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I went to town a bit, and had some fun.

Most of it is done with the Virus, but I also used Sylenth1 and Massive.

The drums are Maschine, hence the name.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/machine-force

EDIT: I edited this post based on the answer below. I don't want to get into another genre discussion...
Last edited by daniel_baum on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

this sound in no way like "trance" (beside the 4/4 kick and the bpm maybe). no builds, no up's & down's throughout the track etc. - this isn't a bad thing but you asked and deserve a true answer.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Bugger.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Maybe I've started a new genre...

D.

The synth elements are similar to classic uplifting trance, but it's the drums that are letting it down.

you need more driving 16th closed hats and open 909 hat on the offbeat. I'd also consider layering the snare with a more drawn out clap.

i think it's a very good thing having a own style isn't it? then again, if you try to achieve a particular style and couldn't reach it? that can be very frustrating.
EDIT: I edited this post based on the answer below. I don't want to get into another genre discussion...
then forget my postings because they make no sense anymore.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

To be honest, I have never really tried to write to a genre. I do like trance, though, mostly for the sounds that they use, rather than the actual structure of the music. I think you can probably hear that in this track.

I'd rather my music be judged on its own merits rather than as an example of adherence to a genre.

It's not a bad constructed and produced track.

I think the feedback already given (structure and elements) is worth consideration.

To me the track feels and sounds more of a soundtrack than a dance track, again not a bad thing.

You need to listen, analyse and understand the structure of any genre you are reaching for.

There's elements in there that remind me of Paul Oakenfold Flouro, but that's just one sound.

For me - I would look at the tempo, structure and sounds.

Nice effort regardless.

Do a google search ie http://www.tranceproduction.com/getting ... cture.html
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+t ... 8geq4oHICg

Thanks.

I should really have learned my lesson by now - never try to pigeonhole my own work in a genre.

Nevertheless, I really like this track. I hope I'm not the only one.

D.

I can hear lots of Trance elements in there, but overall, I think the track is in a different style. I can hear lots of early '80s synthpop cues too. Vince Clarke springs to mind. I really like the track too. It contains lots of great synth sounds and some tasty melodies.

Good work :)

I actually don't think it sounds much like Vince Clarke; the sound I was after was certainly not the 80s, but then most of what I do ends up sounding like that :)

Return to “Music Cafe”