sweetwater creation station...worth it?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here it is.
http://www.sweetwater.com/creation_station/CS450v3.php

I am going to either put together a computer, or buy one already made.

If I can get nearly the same power as the one listed for half the cost I would do that.

Problem is, I don't know what to buy from NewEgg. I've built all my computers, but I've been out of the loop for about 6 years.. that's about how old my PC is.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

dw

Sweetwater tells you whats in it, start adding up the component costs from newegg until you meet/exceed the $2699.00.
See if Sweetwater is assembling it for less then you can. Since you want comparable power for half the cost, start sizing down where you are ok with making allowances...video,cardreader,solid state drive,case, those are not cpu power critical components.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

sweet water doesn't tell you the exact parts.

turns out I've decided to build my own i7 machine anyway.

The Digidesign forum is an excellent resource for this:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=238426

dusted william wrote:sweet water doesn't tell you the exact parts.

turns out I've decided to build my own i7 machine anyway.
...nevermind... :lol:

Uncle E wrote:The Digidesign forum is an excellent resource for this:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=238426
sweet :)

Personally have gone to rebuilding a cheap system rather than starting from scratch.
As long as it has the MOBO and CPU I want, I find the companies can do those cheaper in their mass market sense. Where they make their money on us is in bumping up on each option for more ram, video cards, etc.
So I buy their basic stripped down model and buy my own upgrades elsewhere. Seems to work better so far with less hassle and headache.

I've checked out the Creation Stations and Rain (No longer in business) and do think they seemed to be lacking in price compared to parts supplied.
There's two companies that frequent these music computer forums and I've told myself if I get just too lazy in how I do it now, I would buy from one of them (but not the other , since so many of their customers talk about frequent part failures as a segue to 'great service').

The ones I would consider though are from Purrrfect Audio.
http://www.studiocat.com/open_cart/
Good options and highly recommended on these sites with no discussion about failing parts like the others.

If you built computers before, you should build your own. Nothing changed. Intel 4770K, Corsair for memory, Samsung SSD... Actually- many good options are available... I built 3 computers last year, now taking time off. Be aware that they will release new processors in June/July/August, so look it up.

Dig this;
Free magazine .pdf dload;
http://www.magazinesdownload.com/post/2 ... -2014.aspx

Never again.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

PS: Cases and GPU, etc, do matter, unless you want a loud system...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

annode wrote:Dig this;
Is that a legal download?

I didn't even realize Windows 9 is on the horizon.

Uncle E wrote:

Legal? I have no idea what`s up with that site. I`ve been aware of it for 10 or more yrs.

annode wrote:
Uncle E wrote:

Legal? I have no idea what`s up with that site. I`ve been aware of it for 10 or more yrs.
Legel has many shades to it. But given the quote below you can judge the color for yourself:
Magazinesdownload.com is not related in any way with uploads you find here, it only automatically gathers (by using search engines, such as Google and others) links posted by other people/servers. Materials here are for educational purposes only and SHOULD BE VIEWED ONLY. If you download any files to view them, you are agree to delete them within a 24 hour period. It is strictly recommended to buy the products from the original owner/publisher of these products.

If your copyrighted material has been posted on Magazinesdownload.com or if links to your copyrighted material are returned through our search engine and you want this material removed, you must provide a written communication that details the information listed in the following section. Please be aware that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you misrepresent information listed on our site that is infringing on your copyrights. We suggest that you first contact an attorney for legal assistance on this matter.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”