What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Gucky
KVRAF

1568 posts since 26 Sep, 2004

Postby Gucky; Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:55 am New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Today I finished a new song called "Soha".
I had the idea to it when I played the new ROM soundset for the tone2 Electrax.
The most synth sounds (also the voice sounds) are Electrax with a little help from Kontakt 5 and Groove Agent 3.

Here it is:
http://soundcloud.com/musikus/soha

I would be happy about your feedbacks. :-)
mvrasseli
KVRist

149 posts since 17 May, 2008

Postby mvrasseli; Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:53 pm Re: New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Nice song. I felt myself inside a jungle managing to get some water and make a bed of some big leafs I'd find in the ground. After I'm done, I'd put your song in my iphone.
Gucky
KVRAF

Postby Gucky; Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 pm Re: New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Hi mvrasseli,
many thanks for listening.
I am glad that you like it. :-)
annode
KVRAF

4905 posts since 28 Mar, 2003, from Location: Location

Postby annode; Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:11 pm Re: New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Very nicely produced. It doesn`t sound amateurish. I commend your use of verb and warmth. Stereo staging worked well.
The arrangement I believe could be made more concise, avoiding becoming repetitious in places. A chord or two from an analog synth pad didn`t work musically..but hey..that`s ok.
All and all it has character, good composition, and is well produced.
"It`s difficult to work in a group when you`re omnipotent." Q
My SoundCloud
Gucky
KVRAF

Postby Gucky; Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:40 am Re: New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Hi annode,
many thanks for your feedback. :-)
DJ Warmonger
KVRist

448 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 am Re: New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

I like it. The mix sounds full and dense for my taste, but not overloaded. Nicely engineered. And, of course, sound and atmosphere are fantastic.

I think that low drums entering at around 0:33 are somewhat out of place, however, and don't match the perspective. Could be reverb settings.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
Gucky
KVRAF

Postby Gucky; Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 am Re: New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Hi DJ Warmonger,
thanks for your feedback.
You are right, there is a little problem with the congas at 0:33.
But until yet I found no solution. I mixed the congas loud but it are not so hearable as I want. Maybe that it is a prblem with the fequency range.
I will also try your tip with the reverb settings.

By the way: Here is another track that I just finshed.
It is a tribute to the TV series "Miami vice": Miami race
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=409701&p=5723912#p5723912

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe