Please cut long parameter names off in the middle, not the end - Device panel list too!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We get only the start when the names are too long, like this:

It would be much more useful to see the end and cut off the middle, like this:

Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bump.

edit: Apparently this is coming in the next update. Great!

(still need to rename things though)

Well they did it for the parameter list but not for the device parameter list. Doesn't the same logic apply to both? If we want to be able to read parameter names for the parameter list, wouldn't we need the same thing for the device mapping parameter list? I think so.

image upload free

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Well they did it for the parameter list but not for the device parameter list. Doesn't the same logic apply to both? If we want to be able to read parameter names for the parameter list, wouldn't we need the same thing for the device mapping parameter list? I think so.

image upload free
+1

1.0.14 still did not fix the fact that the names are still cut off at the end for device panel mappings. I emailed support immediately after the July release (1.0.12 maybe?) and they confirmed that they forgot to do the same format for the device panel mapping names as the full parameter list... but still not fixed. :(

Did this get missed?

Return to “Bitwig”