xfer - nerve... does anyone have experience with it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,

does anyone of you have experience with xfers nerve drum machine? opinions, drawbacks, etc?

http://www.xferrecords.com/products/nerve

is it stable, how´s the cpu demand, how are the features to be valued, does it need a dongle, etc?
thanks in advance for some info...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Stable. CPU is very low. No dongle. It is an amazing, amazing piece of software. It lends itself to EDM-style production, but really, you can use it for anything.

There are too many little secret-weapon moves you can do with it to list here - seriously - suffice to say that Nerve is worth the price of admission.

Nerve is stable here with low CPU demand as well. The sequencing and sample shaping tools are excellent. I highly recommend watching the official Nerve videos from Steve Duda, if you haven't already.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Steve Duda is a very respectable developer. He goes leaps and bounds to help his customers. Low CPU use and a very interesting and useable sound. Somebody just sold one in the marketplace for 99 dollars. :O

Stable, sounds great , and quick workflow, use it all the time.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

It's the best… Fast, amazing interface the kits and sounds are excellent. It's one of a few plugins that (like Urs stuff), I really respect the programming… like it was developed by someone who gets it. I use it and Microtonic for all my drum stuff. 8)

i use it for preparing and playing loops
you can get some real good stuff out of it
the precalc effects can clean/dirty up a sample nicely
if you buy second hand it will be NFR

dave

woodsdenis wrote:Stable, sounds great , and quick workflow, use it all the time.
+1

My go to drum sampler before i bought maschine (of course the hardware integration is why it replaces nerve for me).

Nerve itself is really fun, you can do many stuff with its pre-calc effect, and the sequencer have some nice trick in itself.
musisikamar.com

Nerve is a feature-packed program and as already stated, low CPU and very stable. Only wish is for the pre calc section to be bigger, my eyes are getting old. Duda is a pretty smart dude. No dongle involved. Steve emails a serial.

Nerve is really, really great, i did a lot of stuff for it and it's really fun to play with it around…!

Some betas were not stable but the last versions are really stable running on my mac…

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

hi guy,

thanks for these indepth opinions, i´ll download the demo and play around with it a bit...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I don't know if it's like before but the demo was never updated, still at version 1.0 so it was missing a lot of stuff.

My experience with xfer has been mostly positive. Duda knows his stuff as far as programming goes.
:borg:

Does anyone have an opinion of Nerve vs SparkLE? I know slightly different but also similar...Im trying to decide - Nerve software is cool and also light on CPU which is a big plus - but Spark has the hardware...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Return to “Instruments”