Bug: Bounce In Place issues as well as timestretch

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been having some issues with Bounce in place… When it works… One bug I can reproduce is the following.

Create Channel
Add polysynth
Create clip & enter random notes
CMD B to bounce in place (pop or click normally occurs)
Chop each note on 1/4 notes.
Reverse all notes
Choose RAW rather than stretch (Stretch has weird artifacts)
The audio clip will turn to a straight line.
Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 11.20.17 AM.png
I've had several instances with BIP that the quick CMD B will render 0 audio however using the contextual menu item will render fine. I can't reproduce exactly but will continue trying to figure it out.

Macbook Pro 8,3 16gb 500gb ssd OSX 10.9.2
Mac Pro 3,1 10gb ram 250 ssd 10.9.2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jared F

just tried it and i had no problems.

I've uploaded a video showing what I do and what happens.

http://youtu.be/itfSm8OA3OI
Jared F

Further bounce in place problems… Bounce in place multiple regions in a row… first notes don't render after the first clip is bounced. Furthermore when you bounce a clip a few times it creates a clip with no audio.

http://youtu.be/Wgko1yIR4So
Jared F

Email technical support, this is something they would hop on if it is a real problem, if it isn't a problem and it is user error they will help resolve that error.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

I have bounce in place bugs too

As i wrote in this thread

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=408979

ill email now… thanks!
Jared F

Does Bitwig rebounce when adding the bounced-in-place material to a sampler instrument to anyone?
Brzzzzzzt.

I figured out some of the issues. If you reverse using the arrangement view it has artifacts as well as buggy behavior. I've figured out that using reverse in the clip area leaves audio the way intended. There are bugs when bouncing audio in place rapidly… CMD B CMD B CMD B… it will eventually render a clip without any data.

Talking with support now and will figure it out!
Jared F

jaredf wrote:There are bugs when bouncing audio in place rapidly… CMD B CMD B CMD B… it will eventually render a clip without any data.
That is because one is not finished before you do the next... Of course there should be a safeguard... but it is not like there is any reason to do it fast over and over...

I think ive had an issue where I have bounced a selected loop of a clip and it has doubled it up.

I haven't had this issue, BUT I have noticed that bouncing often lowers the volume dramatically, like -14 in most cases, maybe it's bouncing pre-fader but when I bounce I expect it to be the exact same as it sounded in the first place.

Can Bitwig do a real-time bounce? I don't mean an internal bounce, or recording a clip to the arrange.
Logic X, El Cap 10.11.3, Mini i7, Live, Reaper, Bitwig (demo)

Clicks at +100 samples: 44.1k / 48k (wav)

If you are playing a track and select a clip and CMD B… it bounces in place 90% of the time.

It also has a more advanced 'bounce' function that is available by contextual menu and can do post fader and more.
Jared F

Return to “Bitwig”