What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Hip Hop Beat - Funky Mama

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

premiumlagerbeer
KVRer

26 posts since 1 Feb, 2013, from Canada

Postby premiumlagerbeer; Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 pm Hip Hop Beat - Funky Mama

Hey all,

Just sharing a new beat. I tried to mix it so as to retain its 'vinyl' sound (the drums are sampled breaks, the hats are from a sampled hat, and the snare during the hook is taken from a record too), but also glue it together some because it originally sounded a bit chaotic. Any feedback on the mix always appreciated! Note that there's quite a bit of hiss in there; that's from the samples. I filtered it out of the snare that plays during the hook, but filtering it out of the hats dulled their sound too much, so I kept it in.

Anyway, enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/adoggoneanimal/dat-funky-mama
Qatarsis
KVRist

79 posts since 14 Feb, 2013, from Germany

Postby Qatarsis; Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 am Re: Hip Hop Beat - Funky Mama

i like this. it's sounding a little harsh maybe, but thats seems to be intentional and i like it actually, gives a real oldschool-feel :)
the bassline reminds me a little bit of cypress hill stuff, really cool, could imagine someone flowing on this definiteley !
i think the mix is okay like that
the synth that's coming in the end gives a hypnotic touch
- LIGHT IT UP !

cool track dude
cheers
premiumlagerbeer
KVRer

26 posts since 1 Feb, 2013, from Canada

Postby premiumlagerbeer; Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:08 pm Re: Hip Hop Beat - Funky Mama

thanks brah! appreciate it

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe