was fxp/fxb support in earlier versions of bitwig beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've got a fair few synths'n'fx that rely on importing presets with fxp/fxb, would really like to see this in bitwig.

Any news on this or am I missing soemthing?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yes I just ran into this with STW Reflex, can't load any of my presets. Not good - Bitwigs you only support one plugin format as it is, so you could at least support it properly.

The idea is, to make those formats accessible in the browser, but I don't know when that will happen.
You can send it as a request to tech-support and I guess it's best to include links to the plugins in question.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Tom it's going to be any plugin that relies on the host for preset management, which was once all plugins, but gradually many developers have made their own solutions, although there are still plenty that don't. If and when AU and VST3 support is added you will have the same problem so building in support for plugin standard preset formats (i.e. fxb, fxp for VST2; aupresets and vstpresets for AU and VST3) should really be seen as part and parcel of support for the plugin format in general.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You are preaching to the choir here ;-)
I requested this a long time ago as well...

If you can send links to some interesting/worthwhile plugins that rely on these formats with your FR it may help to convince and make it easier for the devs to test it against these.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

For VST2.4 the Waldorf edition plugins would be a good example. So would many older Audiodamage plugins.

For AU (assuming they are considering this hopefully) all the Sinevibes plugins rely on the host for preset loading

For VST3 the main Steinberg instruments - Padshop and Retrologue, rely on the host, as do the Waldorf edition VST3 versions (Waldorf edition comes in all 3 flavours so makes a good test case generally).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would it make sense to gather that list of interesting VSTs to the first post of this thread?
The same way that some people want to sell many plugins in Market Place forums.
Once some product is sold they edit the first message to keep things up to date.
Otherwise Bitwig's going to see same VSTs suggested time and time again.

2 free VSTs I list:
OBXD
Tone2's Firebird

any information about import the fxb / fbp files in Bitwig?
This function is terribly lacking :( most DAWs have it.

Just to mention Tone2's Firebird.... It is useless without it....

Return to “Bitwig”