Beefheart books

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone here read Lunar Notes - Zoot Horn Rollo's Captain Beefheart Experience , and if so whats it like?

I am a huge fan of ZHR, and bought it as soon as it came out. Zoot's book is ok, he is mostly polite and glosses over some of the darker aspects of the Magic Band story. It's enjoyable but the writing isn't anything exceptional - you can read through it on one sitting.

I recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Beefheart-Through ... 0956121217

Drumbo's book is extensive and you get what you asked for. I have read it a few times - it is an amazing story, and his recall of details is vey impressive. You really get the full story of the Magic Band experience.

If you are a Beefheart fan, Drumbo's book is required reading. It may shatter some of your illusions, but you will know what was really going on, during the recording of those amazing records. I bought the hardback copy when it was released. It's 800(+) pages. This book won't be around forever.

PS - I just checked the link I provided - Bill Harkleroad (ZHR) is the first reviewer!

Means, so far, its not selling well.!! Yes know the Drumbo book was good if repetitive,.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”