What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Karten
KVRian

1142 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris, FR

Postby Karten; Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:40 am Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

Hi,

I think I'm done with the demo for my new bank for Synplant but I need some feedback as I've been working on it a lot today and I can't hear what's wrong anymore.
Thanks for listening and commenting.

https://soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio/s ... cellspace2
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
recursive one
KVRist

407 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

I don't quite get the detuned sound playing at 3:04 -3:20 - slightly out of place imo (too much detune?). Other than that, it's a really great sounding and enjoyable track, I didn't hear anything wrong with it.
murnau
KVRAF

2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:24 pm Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

great sounds for synplant. nice tune really only i dont like the beat-section especially the snare is to "acoustic" to organic in context to the synplant sounds same goes for the hihats. also the beat in general is very dry could benefit from a little reverb effect here and there just to fit better to the overall impression.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Karten
KVRian

Postby Karten; Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:08 pm Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

Thank you both for the feedback.

recursive one, about the detuned pad, that was tough to fix. Let me explain.
On that particular sound, the modwheel is at a high value and Synplant makes the "stems" grow. However, they don't grow uniformally but there are slight differences between the notes. It's the G that was giving me troubles and I couldn't change anything in the DNA part as it would have changed the entire sound. By moving the G stem by 1 pixel, it worked and now it sounds better (not perfect but I don't want it to be). Besides, the tuning of one oscillator is modulated and in that part, 5 notes are being played at the same time. But if I reduce the modulation, it sounds think and flat. Imagine the mess...
Fortunately, it's a patch that I modified specifically for the demo so this version will be included in the bank as an extra preset.

murnau, the samples I used for snare, hats and the layered kick come from Wave Alchemy's Synth Drums. So they were all made with analogue hardware. The rest come from NI Synthetic Drums vol.2, I think.
I did follow your advice and reworked the Breeze patch I used for the drum reverb. The drums are now wetter and I also used a slight delay on the hats, which gives them a nice feel.

I'm done for now and since the track has been reposted by Magnus Lidström of Sonic Charge, it must be alright.
Now, I need a lot of sleep and I'll spend the weekend outside with my family.

if anyone else has something to say, good or bad, I'm open though I won't touch the track for a few days.
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
murnau
KVRAF

2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:29 pm Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

great! have a nice weekend with your family! wish you only the best! :tu:
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Karten
KVRian

Postby Karten; Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:58 am Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

murnau wrote:great! have a nice weekend with your family! wish you only the best! :tu:
Thanks! Have a nice Easter weekend.
Karten
KVRian

Postby Karten; Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 am Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

I updated the demo a little bit, slightly modifying (hopefully improving) the drum parts.
If you have any feedback to give, that would be nice. But this is the final version of the track.
astrochimp
KVRian

723 posts since 30 Apr, 2008

Postby astrochimp; Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:33 am Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

the sounds are very nice!
Karten
KVRian

Postby Karten; Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:11 am Re: Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

astrochimp wrote:the sounds are very nice!
Thanks! :)

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe