What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Modus: Virus TI and Eurorack modular. Feedback requested.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

daniel_baum
KVRian

550 posts since 19 Nov, 2006

Postby daniel_baum; Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:43 am Modus: Virus TI and Eurorack modular. Feedback requested.

Hi all,

Here is my latest piece. Like all my recent work, it is based around the Virus TI, but it is also first time I have used my Eurorack modular system in a track.

It also features Absynth and the Korg M1 Legacy Edition.

It features some fairly fancy sound design (for me), and was quite hard to mix, with loads of automation and (the horror...) sidechain compression.

Please let me know what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/modus
seismic1
KVRAF

6671 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm Re: Modus: Virus TI and Eurorack modular. Feedback requested.

You're certainly building up a powerful collection of hardware. The main melodic synth riff, percussion and the "lead" string sound definitely seem to be reminiscent of late '80s DM, although I can hear some other sounds on here which may possibly have been popular or prominent in other genres/styles.

Good work :)
daniel_baum
KVRian

550 posts since 19 Nov, 2006

Postby daniel_baum; Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:23 pm Re: Modus: Virus TI and Eurorack modular. Feedback requested.

seismic1 wrote:You're certainly building up a powerful collection of hardware. The main melodic synth riff, percussion and the "lead" string sound definitely seem to be reminiscent of late '80s DM, although I can hear some other sounds on here which may possibly have been popular or prominent in other genres/styles.

It's a very small modular, for now :evil:

I can't shake the DM disease, so I tend to just accept it as part of my musical identity :)
seismic1
KVRAF

6671 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 pm Re: Modus: Virus TI and Eurorack modular. Feedback requested.

daniel_baum wrote:
seismic1 wrote:You're certainly building up a powerful collection of hardware. The main melodic synth riff, percussion and the "lead" string sound definitely seem to be reminiscent of late '80s DM, although I can hear some other sounds on here which may possibly have been popular or prominent in other genres/styles.

It's a very small modular, for now :evil:

I can't shake the DM disease, so I tend to just accept it as part of my musical identity :)

I see what you did there :wink:

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe