"Temporary Plugin States" Bug

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've read several places on this forum that many people including myself are experiencing a bug where third party plugins don't load and cannot be reloaded. The error message says something like: Could not load plug-in. Error loading vst2 preset Could not open file: (FILEPATH which always includes temporary-plugin-states).FXB
No such file or directory.

I had an interesting thing happen to me today where I was messing around with BW trying to recreate the problem. I had made several instrument layers and they saved properly. I loaded one instance of a instrument layer preset into a project I was doing and I got the error upon reopening the project. Now I had saved this layer successfully as a preset so I had the ability to load it and get it to work in my project. Every time i saved it and closed, I would reopen and it would give me the same error and I would recover by reloading the preset.

This is where it gets weird: I saved a new file name of my project and moved all the plugins out of the instrument layer into the channel. I closed BW and reopened AND the error went away! Not only did the error go away in my new project file, but it opened my previous save file also fixed itself in my OLD project as well!
I think the bug has something to do with certain orders of 3rd part plugins within a chain.

I personally think it's the worst bug that Bitwig has ATM and I hope it has top priority to be fixed.

Return to “Bitwig”