Waiting for AAS Tassman 5 (probably to no avail)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tassman

Tassman 4 was released exactly 10 years ago.
After so many years, I suppose hoping to see a v. 5 is quite delusional.
Or is it? :lol: :pray:

I think their pink unicorn ate the code. Better let your fans know the cruel truth AAS.

it's a great sounding and easy to use modular virtual right from the start which still have his place (a classic like poly-ana) and there were updates like x64 for win so i dont see your point.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KTlin wrote:Tassman 4 was released exactly 10 years ago.
After so many years, I suppose hoping to see a v. 5 is quite delusional.
Or is it? :lol: :pray:
It took about 9 years from VA-1 to VA-2 was released

So it wouldn't be a big surprise if Tassman should go to v5 :wink:

Well, first AAS said that it would take time as they were getting into a new development framework, but I'm guessing that the framework should already be in use. I like tassman 4, but their environment needs to improve in order for tassman to truly become a classic. The UI logistics of one's patches are horrible, and there's no debugging tools for your CV et al signals. Give us those at least, please!

At the moment , AAS finish the String String Studio 2 , after that they begin the development of version 2 of the both guitar plugins (acoustic and electric) and after that maybe tassman 5
At facebook they write that they do this things first (on the user comments)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:At the moment , AAS finish the String String Studio 2 , after that they begin the development of version 2 of the both guitar plugins (acoustic and electric) and after that maybe tassman 5
Oh boy. That doesn't sound good :scared:

I really do love Tassman, have used it since V1.
It has to be said though, the UI is pretty dire.
Still worth it though!
I don't have anything against gravity but it really does weigh me down

KTlin wrote:
MillerSam wrote:At the moment , AAS finish the String String Studio 2 , after that they begin the development of version 2 of the both guitar plugins (acoustic and electric) and after that maybe tassman 5
Oh boy. That doesn't sound good :scared:
They said this at NAMM too.
Now that I know the String Studio (VS-1) is one of the few VSTi that won't work under Blue Cat's Patchwork, I'm glad this is the first on the list. I would definitely like Tassman to go through a major GUI overhaul, but VS-1 is the one AAS plugin I use the most.
So, I can get on-board with their plan.

so badly needs an update. i drop a line or two on the AAS forum and on twitter now and then 1 out of ten times get the same "it'll happen but not any time soon" type of response.

such a great playground for sounds but if they don't do something soon it'll just become useless.. at least on mac.

i hate the builder window more than anything else i use.

dayjob wrote:so badly needs an update....
such a great playground for sounds but if they don't do something soon it'll just become useless...
i hate the builder window more than anything else i use.
100% agreed :tu:

I've given up on Tassman... But am very pleased to hear that String Studio is getting a v2 ...

After the big disappointment with ultra analog 2, I hold very little faith that tassman 5 would be great. I say just let tassman die with dignity.

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:After the big disappointment with ultra analog 2, I hold very little faith that tassman 5 would be great. I say just let tassman die with dignity.

-Sam
Disappointment with what, oscillators and filters?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

upgrading from UA-1 was a no-brainer. some people didn't like the GUI - i'm okay with it.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”