anybody want to adjust fader/knob value with up/down qwerty arrow?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i feel like there are too much mouse dragging going on in bitwig.

i'm ableton user and used to adjust value with left hand.
1 value by qwerty up/down arrow,
0.1 value for right shift+up/down.

i know i can adjust in bitwig with "ctrl+click ->type in"
but i dont think it is better than up/down arrow.

i requested/emailed this feature but bitwig team was not sure about this then.

so are you guys happy with adjusting value by dragging?

I agree, nexttrack, I seem to be using the mouse a lot more in BWS than I have in the past, although, I seem to be doing much more clicking than dragging. BWS seems mouse intensive.

Personally, I prefer to add values in by typing in. Obviously this is the most precise method. I like to keep adjustment right at the threshold if I need to.

Your method of arrow key usage I think is better than dragging IMO as it may be a bit more precise (for those of us that are anal about such matters :hihi:); however, I'm also ok with dragging if that is the method imposed.

What I would like to see is values in numeric form before making any changes. As it is now, the volume sliders do not give me the information I need before making an adjustment. This imposes unnecessary action to determine if an adjustment is needed. I rather keep my hands off the mouse as much as possible.

I know, some will say, do it by ear, which is fine, but sometimes I just like to see that number to confirm, or not, my suspicions.

Basically, IMO, if a feature makes it easier for one to flow through the work I believe it should be implemented, if it is reasonable and easy enough to implement. Using arrow keys should be easy enough to implement but that is for Team BWS to say.

+1 for use of arrow keys.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

+1 for arrows keys to adjust any value. Similar to AL

+1

Yeah that function is needed for sure!

Return to “Bitwig”