where is the playback button in RC Vst?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi i cant figure out where the playback button is in rc vst plugin. in standalone its on top middle, but in vst its removed. what's the hotkey for playback if any?

RC Vsti doesn't have play button, only DAW's transport

Yes, it's a misunderstanding of how work the composition editors in DAWs.

When a DAW is used, it is necessarily it which manages the clock, the synchronizations, etc. So obviously, a composition editor which is used as tool in the DAW... is necessarily a slave as all the VSTs are slaves, the master being the DAW.

So the signal to start is sent by the DAW. If it was the composition editor, who could synchronise the start, the tempo, the beats... for the control of all the other VSTs? Nobody since the conductor is not itself but the DAW.

The master is always the DAW. The conductor (and the conductor's baton)... it's it. All the VSTs are the slaves. Even the composition editor... since itself is a VST among all the other VSTs. The DAW cadences the synchronization clock (the tempo), it send it to the composition editor, it sends it also the signal to start. The composition editor receives the signal "Start" and it starts. At the same time all the other VSTs receive also the signal "Start" from the conductor (the DAW) in order to allow them to synchronize their LFOs, their oscillators, their phasers, their envelope generators, etc. The fact that the roll-on score is in the composition editor makes it able only to send all the musical MIDI messages back to the DAW, in the cadence (tempo) sent by this synchronization clock of the DAW. And the DAW, receiving all these musical MIDI messages coming from the composition editor, distributes them to all the other VSTs regarding the number of their MIDI channel and their function.

See simply where is the decision to adjust the tempo: always in the DAW, not in the composition editor. So... all the aspects concerning the synchronization (start, tempo, stop, etc. ) are the fact of the DAW.

A composition editor is itself in charge of all these tasks only when it is the master. Which means... when it is used in standalone configuration, the VSTSs being therefore its slaves.

Understood?
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

And pardon me everybody if I once again make the promotion of Mutools Mulab. This DAW is a very nice tool to understand graphically all these concepts while creating our tunes. On this image below that I made few minutes ago I show you:
  • In green : the conductor and his baton (the DAW)
  • In yellow : the score (RapidComposer)
  • In dark blue : the musicians (the VST instruments)
  • In red : the spectators (the audio output)
  • And at the bottom right we could add (in the box "Event outputs") all the tools useful to create effects, mix the chef d'oeuvre, record a CD, etc.
(click to have it wider)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

thx everyone. I figured it out already all i had to do to get sound to playback using transport was to route it through vst instrument. didnt know that rc in vst mode doesnt have soundfont enabled, or so it seems to me. so i need to route it to hear sound.

musicnerd wrote:thx everyone. I figured it out already all i had to do to get sound to playback using transport was to route it through vst instrument. didnt know that rc in vst mode doesnt have soundfont enabled, or so it seems to me. so i need to route it to hear sound.
And which DAW do you use?
:phones:

And if you want to use soundfonts, you can use... a VST soundfont player.

My prefered is by far TX16W which is absolutely incredible! And free!!!

It reads all these formats:
- AIFC, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, SF2 (SoundFont), sfz, SoundFont, Typhoon Compressed Audio, WAV

It is multitimbral.

It has high quality filters as all the most excellent synths.

It has an AHDR/AHDSR envelope for each channel.

It has polyphonic glide!!!

It has many modulators, it has several LFOs (syncable!), it has a modulation matrix, it has a preset management (and with tags!), it has a mapping editor, it can record your own samples, it can edit the samples...

All that for free!

And it is a standard VST.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”