dragging midi clips or audio clips

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to drag a clip on top of another clip without changing the clip below it?

I can't seem to find a freeze/unfreeze feature similar to the one in Studio One for a vsti track.

So to save CPU cycles in a hybrid track, I bounced my midi to audio and turned off my vsti. When I drag my audio over my midi clip, the midi clip is cut or deleted. If I drag any clip over another clip, the clip below it is cut or deleted.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Club Ho

Are you using it correctly? Maybe its not intended to be used that way.

I think you are right Club Ho, maybe clips just work differently in Bitwig for workflow.
Thanks for all your help.

- Club Ho

I hope you guys don't mind my interruption; I realize the private conversation.

ClubHo - I believe this is normal. When dropping a clip in a slot it replaces whatever was in the slot.

At ClubHo, it would be nice if you could drop a clip on another and merge the two.

Back at ClubHo, have you tried dropping the new clip on a separate track to avoid deleting the original clip?

Ok guys, you can go back to your private conversation now.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:I hope you guys don't mind my interruption; I realize the private conversation.

ClubHo - I believe this is normal. When dropping a clip in a slot it replaces whatever was in the slot.

At ClubHo, it would be nice if you could drop a clip on another and merge the two.

Back at ClubHo, have you tried dropping the new clip on a separate track to avoid deleting the original clip?

Ok guys, you can go back to your private conversation now.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
It's really rude of you to interrupt them! :x

:hihi:

Return to “Bitwig”