Bug: Open/Close plugin

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bug: All 3rd party plugins doesn`t seem to open again once put out of the screen..
Steps to reproduce: Create a new project. Insert any plugin onto a channel. I use two monitors. When put on the channel, the plugin shows up automatically, move it then to the second monitor screen, close it and reopen it again. The plugin doesnt show up anymore.

Hardware: Intel I7 2600 K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3, 16GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6870
Bitwig version: 1.0.8 RC2

YES! +1 bug! Bitwig please fix it!

Bitwig version: 1.0.8 RC2

THANK YOU

still there ;)

+1 !!

So that's what it was! I was getting frustrated wondering if I had done something wrong. Really hope this will be fixed soon as it is such a workflow killer for multi-monitor users.

Hm - works as expected for me on Windows 8.1.u / BWS 1.0.11
Is that for every plugin or just specific ones?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

every one. Its actualy reported and confirmed since the 28.04 , Ticket#2014042810000431

Maybe also worth to recheck please.

Well, you'll have to report it to tech support again, since it works for me and I can't reproduce it here to create a meaningful ticket.
Must be a Windows 7 thing or something specific about your machine.

Sorry,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Ok, reported again. I actualy doubt that its specific to my machine, since also other users got the same problem here. Well, we`ll see.

cheers Mark

FWIW - in another thread it was mentioned that different screen resolutions cause a problem with opening BWS on a dual screen system.

I too have noticed the behavior Suloo describes so started opening my plug-ins on the main screen only. Now they open/close when I need them to (although at times I sure could use that second screen for an open plug-in.)

But now I wonder if the multiple resolutions have something to do with the way the handling happens.

Thomas - since you seem to have no problem with this issues, are you running identical screen resolutions?

If so, try changing the resolution of one and see if this makes a difference.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

No, I have different sizes as well - one 30" 2560x1600 and one 24" 1920x1200.

So far it seems to only happen on Windows 7, is that right?
Or does anybody see this on Windows 8 or Mac?

Cheers,

Tom

Edit: Oh, and I use a NVidia Graphics Card if that should make any difference.

NVidia here too. Yes, it seems to be a problem on W7.

While I do not recall exact details, I remember reading a thread once which contained information about how Windows handles display and similar problems a user was having with dual screens. The dev was able to fix the problem though.

Unfortunately I can't recall which thread it was to be able to grab some additional information.

Hopefully, Team BWS has a solution soon.

Perhaps W8 has a different way of handling display that you are not having the problem Thomas :tu: I thought maybe you were using Intel Graphics from the CPU and was hopeful this could have been a solution.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

That,s strange i,ve got W7 sp1 64bit ,nvidia, 2x 24inch monitors ,and tried it .. but got no problems here...
Is it a specific plugin or all of them? Strange things happening... :( :?:

As a work around, if you use two screens, I think you can open the plug-in from the screen you are on, close it on same screen and then re-open it.

For example, say you have Mix open on screen one and Arrange open on screen two. Both of these GUI's will allow the opening of a plug-in. So, open/close on same screen there is no problem.

It seems that if you move the plug-in GUI to the other screen and then close it is when the issue occurs.

I think this is all true. Unfortunately, I am not at my system to be able to confirm my theory though so if anyone reading can confirm it will be helpful.

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

codec17 wrote:That,s strange i,ve got W7 sp1 64bit ,nvidia, 2x 24inch monitors ,and tried it .. but got no problems here...
Is it a specific plugin or all of them? Strange things happening... :( :?:
Every third party plug-in I have behaves this way for me codec17.

Kontakt, Diva, Predator, Blue, etc., etc. Doesn't seem to matter. Oddly the included BWS plugs behave properly.

Are you running different resolutions on your monitors?

Try setting the resolutions differently and see if then you get the bad behavior.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Return to “Bitwig”